Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to learn some more of how sportbikes work mechanically under the "fairings"(heh). Can anyone suggest some good reading material be it site, book, mag, or even class? Yes im a newb and i just want to know more of what makes a bike go and wat it does when its under me while i hit the throttle, clutch, gearshift, etc. Also i think it would be good to get knowledge on how to repair my (future) bike or mod it etc. Thanx for all the help! :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Other than changing the oil and cleaning/lubing the chain, I leave all the major stuff to my mechanic. As far as books go, maybe a check a local library or possibly Amazon or BarnesandNoble.com.

M.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Best thing is to pickup a shop manual for the bike you will be getting. If you don't know yet, maybe a site like howstuffworks.com has an article or two.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i think its a very good thing that you want to learn more for when you get a bike. I think anything other than what in the block or under the valve cover is fair game for a DIY.

·
Registered
905 Posts
ill be buying a bike soon and i plan on doing all the work myself. im an ASE certified master automobile mechanic and a certified machinist/engine builder that specializes in automotive race engines, so im pretty confident that i can do it. i plan on buying whatever reference manuals the shop uses and ill have that thing figured out within a week. :headbang

·
Registered
75 Posts
i went to MMI for honda and kawasaki certification. thats probably the best place in the world. next best, buy the factory service manual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts