Sport Bikes banner

MEAL REVIEW - Fit Kitchen

539 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RobMoore 
#1 ·
So in my quest for something affordable and protein packed I found these TV dinners at Wal-Mart for around $3 a box. Not great but not bad either on the price considering I've seen priced a lot more and $2 is the basic minimum for something that will actually make you full.

What really caught my eye was the Macro for this meal compared to the other Fit Kitchen meals. It's 40% Protein 46% Carbs and 14% Fat. This is much better than their other meals. And it's only 250 calories!

Contents: Oven Roasted Chicken, Red potatoes, Broccoli, Wine Sauce. I'd rather have less potato and more chicken, Atkins has a chicken and broccoli only option so C-

Taste: Not bad. That is to say it's not amazing either. You cant really taste the difference in the potatoes and the chicken, its all covered in the sauce. I say lack of taste is better than tasting bad so B-

Over All: B-- I will be adding this to my daily diet taste fatigue permitting.

See less See more
#2 ·
About a month ago I purchased a bag of frozen spinach, a couple cans of garbanzo beans, and some whole wheat slider buns. With a couple eggs and a bit of salt and spices I made enough veggie sliders to feed us for a week. All for about $5. I could have saved a bit by making the buns (bread is just flour, salt, and water with some yeast to ferment). TV dinners are expensive and nowhere near as good as food you cook for yourself.

#5 ·
For $3 you could also buy a pack of spinach seeds. With about 2'x4'x1' box you can grow a lot of spinach. (Google "square foot gardening")

I grow a little bit more than that for a family of three, among other things. Our eventual goal is to only have to go to the grocery store for meat and dairy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.