Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I'm not sure where it will end, but this country is heading somewhere regarding outsourcing jobs to cheaper nations. I'm not sure if it will eventually lead to every American being unemployed or having to leave the US to find work. But, the continual trend towards outsourcing is definitely taking the country someplace it won't enjoy being at.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
can't access article without registering...

i don't see how that could be advantageous or a cost savings...also seems more likely for me to get something i don't want only to be told by the people that actually work in the McDonald's that it's, 'not my fault', and, 'you'll have to take that up with our Drive Thru service provider, sorry'.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
So much for America being for Americans.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Good. I went to Mickey D's last night and waited for 20 minutes in the drive through. My roommate came downstairs because he smelt the food and went himself. I told him not to but he did anyway. 30 minutes later he walks in the door pissed off. He goes upstairs and a minute later I start hearing yelling.......They forgot half his shit. Maybe now they can get it right. I wanted to tell them when I finally got to the counter that this was the slowest McDonalds I have ever been to and to keep up the good work but I just paid and went on my merry way.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
McDonalds= nastiest greasy food ever!~ i will never go there

·
Speed Racer
1,650 Posts
I can't help but believe that the only way this is profitable is through government grants and tax breaks for developing 3rd world countries.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ripped from kottke.org, talking about automatic ordering;

Val Ann C says:
This ain't nothing.
Picture it. Driving through an unfamiliar city, you speak into your hands-free cell phone: "Nearest McDonalds. Lunch for one."
The auto-dialer contacts the McDonalds call center. A computer answers and looks up your stored profile based on your cell phone number. It contacts your car's GPS panel and downloads directions to the nearest McDonalds. It places an order in queue for your preferred lunch, including the no pickles part. It pings your vehicle as you travel.
When you are 3 minutes from the McDonalds pick-up window, it instructs the on-site employees to fulfill your order. They are the first humans to be directly involved with your order. The call center computer bills your VISA.
As you approach the drive-up window, the call center computer authenticates you via GPS, with a back-up video of your license plate. You drive through at 5mph and grab your lunch bag from an extended tray. Bon appetit!
» by Val Ann C on Jul 20, 2004 at 04:08 PM

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Technology is the culprit. It's cheaper now to do everything remotely. The cost of just how remote is less than the cost of paying some moron to push buttons with picture of the food on them.
Blame the ridiculously overpaid American workers. Alot of these bottom feeders should be glad to have a job at all since most farm animals can be trained to complete their tasks. At this point, alot of the bottom rung jobs exist merely to give employment to people otherwise incapable of contributing to society. They could easily be replaced by a computer or rhesis monkey.
When they complain that $5/hour to shovel fries isn't enough, they should be pummeled about the head and neck with the robot that should have replaced them a decade ago.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
CasterTroy said:
WOW...as if paying illegal aliens who BARELY speak english $4.50 and hr wasn't CHEAP enough
You can pay that amount, for a full day of work, to the same alien on its country, without legal issues. Now that is cheap.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Mom's 'half a meatloaf' hamburgers are where it's at.
Artery pills. You won't get platelets sticking to your arteries, they're too covered in grease for anything to stick!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts