Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world. (Ps. 19:1‐4).

For the man with the book by his bed this is his evidence

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
Funny, because if you were born in Shanghai, I'm pretty sure that book would be of a different sort with a completely different idea.

Again:

"Tell him that the book he keeps by his bed was written by an invisible deity who will punish him with fire for eternity if he fails to accept its every incredible claim about the universe, and he seems to require no evidence whatsoever."

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world. (Ps. 19:1‐4).

For the man with the book by his bed this is his evidence
Nice poem, who wrote that?

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Between fucking everything in site and trying not to lose his shirt in the probable divorce from Tea Leoni (how could you fuck around if you're sleeping with her every night?!) he doesn't have much time for writing, I'd think.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Between fucking everything in site and trying not to lose his shirt in the probable divorce from Tea Leoni (how could you fuck around if you're sleeping with her every night?!) he doesn't have much time for writing, I'd think.
Maybe it was his high-school English assignment. Seems kinda sophomoric.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
My question is, when did theroy become fact?

First, you really need to educate yourself on what scientific theory actually means. A theory is a explanation or model that is generated by observation, experimentation, and reason. These facts are collected, extrapolated, and then formed into a theory that is both careful and reasonable. A fact is merely a part of a theory, a theory is merely a collection of facts. For instance, with radio carbon dating, rock strata analysis, and other means, it is a fact that we can prove the age of dinosaur bones being over 67 million years old. It is also a fact that there have been bones found that are intermediary between birds and dinosaurs. On the same point, it is also a fact that we have found bones that are intermediary between early primates and humans. When you put these facts together, its reasonable to assume, using incredibly elementary logic, that one creature led to another, led to another, led to another. If we extrapolate this theory across the entire spectrum of species, we see a similar trend with all creatures going backwards in time.

Hence the theory of evolution.

Any other competing theories would have to utilize these same facts but explain them in a different way. This is where the theory of creationism has a problem; they cannot formulate an explanation based on these facts, they are trying to fit a theory into a certain predetermined mold and it simply doesn't work. You cannot choose to ignore the facts when formulating a theory, and you also cannot force your own beliefs when you form a theory. Science is not biased, its merely methodic.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Its good to be critical of our leaders, if they choose to ignore simple scientific evidence taught in schools across the world and backed up by scientific information it shows a total lack of reason. If they choose to replace these facts with fairy men in the sky clapping their hands to create the universe, then obviously they have the mental aptitude of chimpanzees.

Would you want someone leading the USA that thought the Earth was flat?

My point exactly.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Would you want someone leading the USA that thought the Earth was flat?

My point exactly.
Fuck yes I do. Then they'd be stupid enough to actually follow along with what the people vote for. Be a chance to get an even shot with lobbyists who can throw billions of dollars around.

Flat world leaders FTMFW!

21 - 40 of 76 Posts