Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up 2 Cortech GX jackets from http://store.azmusa.com/gx.html for me and my girl. I want the silver one but do you guys/gals think it would be weird if we had matching jackets riding 2 up. I can either go with the silver and her with the black or both of us in silver. I don't want to make a fashion "no no" and don't know if having matching jackets would be like dressing ur kids in the same exact clothing. I know kids hated that. :bitchslap

Fashion experts please advise. :dunno

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I always snicker when I see matching rider and pillion. I don't much like to see people who have gear that's matchy-matchy with the bike either. It's a tad squidly.

What does she think?

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Don't do it. Get two totally different jackets. Different barnd names and everything. People will laugh at you otherwise. I know I would. :banana

·
Registered
30 Posts
People who worry how they look aren't really into motorcylcling, as much as they are into fashion.

Course. the ladies do like it. And if makes the sweet wife happy. I guess I would.

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
My wife and I both have the same helmets. We also both have the same color jackets only different models. Incidently they match the bike, faster silver. Laugh if you like. :upyours

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
As long as you like the bonded at the hip look, go for it. That's why I asked what the gf thought of this. If both of you like it, don't worry about getting snickers. As long as it's good gear, that's the real point. There's a pair around here with not only matching black gear but matching Monster Darks. Color me Dark green.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This what I initially thought also. Hey I'm just a regular guy that just wear t-shirts, jeans and sneakers on a daily basis. What do I know about fashion. I recently saw a pic on one of the threads and it had a guy that crapped out while going 50mph and his body was covered in scars.....a whole lotta em... skin grafts and all. OUCH.

Okay so how about this. Same brand/model jacket just different colors? I'll go silver and she'll go whatever? Reason why is that for 80 bucks.... it's a cheap price for a decent jacket.. and yes .. i am a cheapo. LOL :banana :lao :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I snicker much less at people in matchy-matchy gear than people in no gear. Get the silver, let her pick her color. If it's silver too, no problems, so long as she wears it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get her the silver one, the lighter color will be more visible from behind when riding in low light.

Ditto with Fuzz Bomb, as long as she wears it. It is sad seeing these young people riding 2up with no safety gear at all. I am a retired crime scene photographer and have seen way too much skin being scraped up off the pavement and put into baggies.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fuzz Bomb said:
I snicker much less at people in matchy-matchy gear than people in no gear. Get the silver, let her pick her color. If it's silver too, no problems, so long as she wears it!
I took your advice and asked her. She wants the black one. So it's settled. So it's settled. My girl and I will now be called tweedle dum and tweedle dork. :lao But I don't care. It's better for the both of us :fiddy

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
fzeepn said:
Get her the silver one, the lighter color will be more visible from behind when riding in low light.

Ditto with Fuzz Bomb, as long as she wears it. It is sad seeing these young people riding 2up with no safety gear at all. I am a retired crime scene photographer and have seen way too much skin being scraped up off the pavement and put into baggies.
I like your avatar, is that your snuggle girl?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, but you will be looking good and have protection at the same time......

Ride safe and have fun!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Fuzz Bomb said:
I always snicker when I see matching rider and pillion. I don't much like to see people who have gear that's matchy-matchy with the bike either. It's a tad squidly.

What does she think?
Hey now, my jacket somewhat matches my bike. I have the yamaha road racer jacket from Hein Gerrick (silver and black).

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
SilverBuzz said:
My wife and I both have the same helmets. We also both have the same color jackets only different models. Incidently they match the bike, faster silver. Laugh if you like. :upyours
Wow, I always thought you were an OK kind of guy...until that post... :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
taurus574 said:
I'm thinking about picking up 2 Cortech GX jackets from http://store.azmusa.com/gx.html for me and my girl. I want the silver one but do you guys/gals think it would be weird if we had matching jackets riding 2 up. I can either go with the silver and her with the black or both of us in silver. I don't want to make a fashion "no no" and don't know if having matching jackets would be like dressing ur kids in the same exact clothing. I know kids hated that. :bitchslap

Fashion experts please advise. :dunno
You should get matching Joe Rocket Cleo jackets. You'd stand out anywhere you went. :lao :lao

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
better than the girl in the sundress and guy in a tank top i saw this weekend...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Aren't you required to be on a Goldwing in order to have matching gear? :lao

Seriously, though, at least get different colors. From a distance nobody will notice or care that the brand is the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts