Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps I'm in Florida! And I have a brother that just moved to Marquand. And we are thinking about going up for a week.In August or September and we are taking our bikes! The Q is What is the ride like up there? And can I get some good road maps for our rides Or better yet ride with somebody! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, check out STLAR @ stlar.com I road with them while I lived in St. Louis. They are great guys/gals and can give you ideas for some good routes. They may even have a ride or two set up for the days you are up there. Anyway, just let them know when and where and I'm sure they'll try and help you out. :grinbounc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh yeah, I rode down there a few times. I took Highway 67 to Route A. I think Marquand is off of Route A??? Anyway, if that's the same place I'm thinking of then you can ride a few of the back roads that sprout off of Route A. They're not as fun as highway 94 or 185 but there is also little to no traffic off in the roads around Marquand. Also, I think there are some roads around Crystal City which is north of there on the way to STL. But, I only had a bike in St. Louis for a year. I'm sure the bikers on STLAR will know more. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight We will be heading up that way the 1st week in September And looking forward to meeting a few peeps I like ya'll web site sweet: :grinbounc :grinbounc :grinbounc

·
Registered
30 Posts
1st week in Sept. should be SWEET! It should have already started cooling down by then. Maybe you'll get lucky and have some great riding days in the 70's! I miss that place! By Sept. 1st in Texas, it'll still be in the upper 80's and low 90's! Well, you're from FL, you know! Haha!

Well, hope they can help. Marquand is a nice rural area. Nice people that live and work around there. I'm sure you'll have a good time. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts