Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a long story, but I need to vent. I'm on the beltway on my way home before and some asshole in a maroon GMC Envoy starts pulling into my lane. I figured he just didn't see me so I gassed it and let him pull in behind me. He then started riding my tail really close. I had enough of that so I wove through a few cars to get some distance from the moron. A minute or 2 later the same car comes out of nowhere and pushes me out of the left lane into the shoulder!! I almost lost the rear end on the debris in the shoulder of the road. This time it was obvious he did it on purpose so I started to follow him and realized that this piece of shit has FOP tags on his car. He then started to slam on his breaks and weave to try to make me rear end him. So I got more distance between us and followed I figure cop or not I'm gonna whip this guys ass :pisson :upyours . I followed for a while even after he got off the beltway and back on to lose me. It became obvious that I was on a wild goose chase so I just said screw it and went home. I'm going to assume it wasn't really a cop and just a family member or something...but either way that dude better hope I never see that car or him again.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Bro....did you get the plate number? If so prosecute his stupid ass for reckless endangerment!! I hate damn idiots like this! I wrote a guy a few days ago for illegal lane change. There wasa bike in front of me so I gave him 5 car links of space and a damned cage cut into the gap was real close to the back tire of the bike, I hit the blues and write his ass a nice $400 ticket for improper lane change with possible endangerment of another motorist.

·
20,852 Posts
tmkreutzer said:
What is an FOP tag?

Fraternal Order of Police license plate. And that person needs their privilages revoked/suspended by the FOP!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Officer737, I wish there were more cops like you in my area - I got cut off twice yesterday on the way home from work, and had another guy riding my ass at 75 on the way in to work today. My bike doesn't have any real get-up-and-go so I just got out of his way as soon as I could. I'd rather see the law handing out tickets for failure to maintain a safe distance and the like than running speed traps.

Offtopic, but are you a K9 patrol officer? (sig)

·
Registered
471 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Bro....did you get the plate number? If so prosecute his stupid ass for reckless endangerment!!
do you really arrest people on he said/she said type cases like that??? I sure as hell wouldnt, i would have been sued numerous times already if i had....

In my area, i get a half dozen calls a day that are "he said she said" with no independant witness to back up either case. In these cases, in which i have to remain unbiased, I cant just go and arrest people and throw them in jail, taking away all of their constitutional rights, based on someone's statement alone.

think about how many times people call 911 for a sportbike "racing" on the highway, would you want an officer to just take someone's word for it and through YOU in jail based on what the complaintant said??

either way, it sucks it happend, and happy you made it out okay. But just realize while you wanted to try to kick his ass, there are other poeple that will have no problem shooting you over stuff like this. That vehicle you chased could have been stolen for all you know.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
I wouldn't care if he was FOP or not. get his plate and call the police. press charges if you think it is worth it. screw that guy.

falco said:
I hate those little new H3's(Envoy, trailblazer, colorado, canyon,etc etc etc)
what does that have to do with anything?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OFFICER737 said:
Bro....did you get the plate number? If so prosecute his stupid ass for reckless endangerment!! I hate damn idiots like this! I wrote a guy a few days ago for illegal lane change. There wasa bike in front of me so I gave him 5 car links of space and a damned cage cut into the gap was real close to the back tire of the bike, I hit the blues and write his ass a nice $400 ticket for improper lane change with possible endangerment of another motorist.

I did get the tag number, but in Baltimore it's not likely that anyone would care unless I had witnesses or something, and it would still be a stretch to get any sort of response. Plus the only way I'd have witnesses is if crashed and people stopped :urowned . I got the tag # more for personal use if I ever see that car again. I wanted to get his mirror, but this guy was literally trying to knock me off my bike.

Oh well...Life usually has a way of catching up to people like that anyway :pisson

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yeah, call in his plates :rolleyes . An anonymous phone call with complete tags might have done some good; enough reports and they will add up. Otherwise it's his word against yours. Guess who's getting the wreckless endangerment ticket. Playing chicken with an SUV? Can you say :urowned boys and girls? I knew you could.

There are times when you have the upper hand, and times when you just have to wait a while. The key to surviving is proper timing.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
The car might have been stolen... that is a good possibility.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Are FOP plates official ones for police officers' personal vehicles, or can they be had by civilians - kind of like those organizations that are meant to support the police through membership dues and that kind of thing? The reason I ask is we don't have FOP plates in my state, but we do have stuff like fire and rescue, retired highway patrol, etc. Or, if you see a plate that has SHP has a prefix, it's highway patrol. I've never seen just a regular off-duty police tag, though.

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
10esee Jed, what part of the beltway were you on? I'm on it almost everyday so I'll be sure to keep my eyes open to avoid this lunatic!

·
Registered
41 Posts
You have to be member of the FOP to get a tag. There are credentials (not sure what) that the DMV has to check, at least here in Alabama. A DMV worker got prosecuted (I believe) here in Bham for giving a FOP tag and the guy used it to impersonate a police officer.

·
20,852 Posts
Yeah you have to show your FOP membership card to the clerk that issues the tags then they verify it with the your state FOP Lodge. If everything is on the up and up you can get one. In my slerk's office you will not even see them hanging on the wall like most tags you have to specifically ask for them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts