Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
National Ride to Work Day is coming up, June 17 (that's a Monday) start the week off right!

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I used to ride to work a lot more, but my commute is only 2 miles now. I spend more time getting geared up and ungeared than I do riding to and from work. If I have time to take a detour it's worth it, but not really otherwise. I'll make an exception for the 17th though. :)

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I used to ride to work a lot more, but my commute is only 2 miles now. I spend more time getting geared up and ungeared than I do riding to and from work. If I have time to take a detour it's worth it, but not really otherwise. I'll make an exception for the 17th though. :)
I fell into your delima years ago. You should bicycle to work.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I'm on vacation that Monday.

No matter, I wouldn't ride in anyways. 13 miles to work, but the worst part is that the Parkway East rush hour inbound is frightening, and my horn isn't loud enough. :p (Outbound doesn't matter, because I usually beat rush hour out.) Screw commuting on two wheels for this job. :(

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I'm on vacation that Monday.

No matter, I wouldn't ride in anyways. 13 miles to work, but the worst part is that the Parkway East rush hour inbound is frightening, and my horn isn't loud enough. :p (Outbound doesn't matter, because I usually beat rush hour out.) Screw commuting on two wheels for this job. :(
Funny...out here, rush hour makes even nonmotorcyclists wanna ride.

I wanna go to new york with my bike some day and get tickets for lane splitting in each state from here to there :)

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
I am not sure how you came to that conclusion based on what I said.
You may have noted that he has his own special brand of logic.

PhilB

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
she moved a while back.

my commute constantly changes. longest i've had was 45 minutes of slabbin it. was still alright on the SV.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Funny...out here, rush hour makes even nonmotorcyclists wanna ride.

I wanna go to new york with my bike some day and get tickets for lane splitting in each state from here to there :)

Yeah, when I had to commute on the highway, I began riding to work every day so I could use the HOV lane and bypass all the morning traffic in the morning while heading home from my midnight shift. I don't commute on the highway anymore, but I still ride most days. Best part of my day.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Being retired and all.... Instead I will ride to Kentucky and back. Memphis Rush hour isn't all that bad buuuttttt I still prefer not to participate.
:bouncies

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I use to ride to work every day but dont as much anymore. I now live about 2 blocks from work so I only ride if I wake up late lol. But I do put more miles on the bike now it seems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts