Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh, cliche but whatever.

Not sure that anyone checks in here anymore, but if you do tell us what's going on this month!

For me, I've hit a bit of a lifting plateau. I can't really afford to eat enough to put more mass on so I've decided to change it up a bit. I'm going to switch into circuit body-weight training and see how it goes this month while maintaining a reduction diet to cut weight. If it works how I'm hoping it does (just finished my first "beginner" level circuit workout that I thought would be quite simple because, although I'm still a bit big, I feel as if I'm in decent shape, but holy hell getting through the 3 circuits it said was rough. I almost quit after 2!) then I'll definitely stick with this a bit to help tone up by losing more fat over the spring/summer months.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Finally broke thru my plateau in Feb, waist size dropped to mid 34" (haven't been that size for getting on 20 yrs), increased my running to 4 miles including a long flat which is new- before I was mostly running up hills and walking the downhills at burnout- the long flat seems to really help cardio since I don't burn out as quickly; holding my ~9.30 mile all through (excluding walking intervals).

Started biking on weekends to the state park and dorking around on the trails there, far more interesting than riding on the street, the big long hills in granny gear seems a good workout too. Last time out I almost went over a 30ft embankment, stalled in streams twice and got my feet soaked, lost a screw from the suspension but found and reinstalled it- weee!

Got a bit more serious w/ the "convict conditioning" book for upper body, finally made it to something close to the intermediate steps on several of the exercises- upper body muscles busting out all over lol nice progress but a long way to go there.

But it really pays for riding- I had a long freezing-ass ride in Feb (2hrs on the slab)- just before getting home it felt like various body parts were about to fall off, so stopped & stood ...and... huh everything felt better, so sat back down, defrosted my hands w/ the valve cover, and kept going. Nothing sore & no fatigue afterwards... cool

·
Registered
917 Posts
Training for a 5K, which involves running 3-3.5 miles every other day and a "light" workout a couple times a week. After the workout I get on a spinning cycle and get some extra cardio in that way.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to ehar progress has been made! I don't know what it is, but getting contacts really has given me more motivation. I hate working out in glasses, now I don't have that concern!

Circuit training is going well, I'm going to try to make it more difficult next week as my strength and endurance is building FAST! 5 days in and I went from struggling to get through 2 circuits, to almost being able to do 4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts