Sport Bikes banner

Man, this guy has big brass ones...

1K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  Solitude 
#1 ·
Man stabs gator to save dog: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/08/27/gator.attack.ap/index.html

Basically, the guy's dog was wandering around off its leash when a gator jumped out of a pond and snatched it. Dude jumps into the pond and stabs the gator in the eye with a pocketknife, saving the dog. That's hardcore. Personally there's no way I'd have the balls to do that. I'd probably reach for my cell phone instead. "Honey, I've been thinking... how would like to go with me to the pet store and get a new dog?"

The thing that gets me is, why let your dog off its leash to wander around near any body of freshwater in Florida? My grandparents once had a backyard in Florida that bordered a canal. That place was lousy with gators. Every morning there would be three or four of them sunning themselves in the backyard. Just about every day, someone would lose a dog or a cat to gator. Maybe the guy was new to the area or something, but when my grandparents lived there, a small animal wandering around the canal was garaunteed gator-food.

#11 ·
I carry a nice blade with me everywhere just in case, and thats why.

#12 ·
though... i dont really have to worry about gators here in seattle... 'cept the ones in teh sewers o_O

#13 ·
Not only is that guy brave nearly to the point of being crazy, he's got to be fast as hell too. How do you whip out your knife, run over there, and stab this thrashing gator in its tiny little eye before it drags the dog into the water? Damn.

And if he'd go that far for his dog, I'd hate to find out what he'd do for his family. Probably would have turned that gator into giblets with his bare hands.

#14 ·
forthelove said:
though... i dont really have to worry about gators here in seattle... 'cept the ones in teh sewers o_O
Well, Washington state is pretty much the leader in Bigfoot sightings though, right? Maybe the knife could come in handy after all.

#15 ·
snigg said:
LOL all these internet badass's. "if it was me, i woulda choked the alligator into submission then made a belt out of it". BS, you n00bs woulda cried, no way im jumping into the water with an alligator.

I agree that some people are internet badass's but not everyone is just talk! I would die fightng to save my pet and so would a lot of people (see above story)! So watch the gerneralizations there Snigg, I've been on these boards (SBN since it started and then when this board opened, I was over here the day fred opened it up) long before you were even thinking about bikes! nOOb! :twofinger

#16 ·
Casket Crew said:
I agree that some people are internet badass's but not everyone is just talk! I would die fightng to save my pet and so would a lot of people (see above story)! So watch the gerneralizations there Snigg, I've been on these boards (SBN since it started and then when this board opened, I was over here the day fred opened it up) long before you were even thinking about bikes! nOOb! :twofinger
I agree its safe to assume snigg that your one of those that when your friend is getting beat up you will pick up the phone and call 911 instead of trying to help your friend. My pet is very important to me and it’s one of my best friends. If someone or something attacks it, it might as well have attacked me and if an alligator attacked me I would not hesitate to put a blade through its eye. I see this the same exact way.

#17 ·
snigg said:
LOL all these internet badass's. "if it was me, i woulda choked the alligator into submission then made a belt out of it". BS, you n00bs woulda cried, no way im jumping into the water with an alligator.
THis guy is proof that not everyone would be a pussy and not help a family member. A dog especially is a family member I'm not with it on the cat thing cause that may have been a quicker meal but a dog is mans best friend. Anything that would die for me is worth at least trying for.

#22 ·
Exhiliration said:
I agree its safe to assume snigg that your one of those that when your friend is getting beat up you will pick up the phone and call 911 instead of trying to help your friend. My pet is very important to me and it’s one of my best friends. If someone or something attacks it, it might as well have attacked me and if an alligator attacked me I would not hesitate to put a blade through its eye. I see this the same exact way.
give me a break you whiner. a friend in a fight is different than a fuckin alligator. alligators are not nice little animals, you dont really have a fighting chance against a big alligator. if my friend is getting beat up, ill help him out...if my dog is getting chewed on by an alligator, ill do something but im not jumping in the water and getting on top of a big alligator. ok e-thug?

#24 ·
snigg said:
give me a break you whiner. a friend in a fight is different than a fuckin alligator. alligators are not nice little animals, you dont really have a fighting chance against a big alligator. if my friend is getting beat up, ill help him out...if my dog is getting chewed on by an alligator, ill do something but im not jumping in the water and getting on top of a big alligator. ok e-thug?
I'm sure you will do something like call you said, "Call your mom or gf whoever and ask to go to the pet store".

LOL, you think an alligator is a "big animal" how about a guy 225 pound 6'4 bouncer that just punched your buddy? Is that a big animal? You fucking pussy. Go kill yourself.

#26 ·
Jumping in a fight to help your friend is NO WHERE near the same as going in after a fucking alligator. Who cares if he is 6'5 and 300 or 350, who cares, alligators are out to kill. Flesh eating, bone snapping, reptiles aren't even in the same group as some "big bouncer,"

No matter what you say, it is no where near the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.