1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Holy hell... Whiplash?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Kristin as light as that R6 is i know you're pullin mad wheelies, I just got the feel down for it on the R1 and I'm ridin um like crazy now, I got whiplash for like a week too haha.

·
I make things happen
2,101 Posts
You just need to start small and work your way to your balance point, then practice on landings. You will be riding them for miles in no time.

·
I make things happen
2,101 Posts
MV5890 said:
usmcasa: are you back home yet???
Nah, the Marine Corps is still trying to screw me on my way out. I'll will put a post up the day my ass is on a plane. Right now I'm still training Iraqi Security Forces to shoot better in beautiful Habbaniyah, Iraq. I can't wait to get home and ride wheelies again.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mizzle636 said:
still doing dem damn powa wheelies huh?? tisk tisk. but props to you for not giving up learning to wheelie.
I'm tryin. I really need a damper :bitchslap

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Check out Indysuperbikes.com, I'm gettin an Ohlins unit for my bike and they are only asking $250 for it, where the parts unlimited book at my dealership is asking $557 for the exact same unit. Kinda screwy if I say so myself, but ISB has been consistantly cheaper on stuff, so it's a good place to check out.

·
Banned
137 Posts
steering damper isn't necessary unless you are doing endos. since you rarely get headshakes doing wheelies after you land. if you get headshakes from wheelies then you must be landing your front wheel crooked as hell.

·
I make things happen
2,101 Posts
If you clutch them you'll get up to the balance point quick, just make sure you roll your throttle on the way down so you lightly put the tire back to the pavement. No damper needed with good technique.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok ok ok i got it. now watch me come back and say "well I hit the balanace point....then my tail section........" :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
i think i'd be too much of a bitch to try to learn wheelies and endos on a nice bike like urs.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought the same thing too. But it's going on the track soon. It's just a bike. I love it to death. But if I ever crash it, I'll fix it :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Now that's the right attitude to have lol. Naw, Kristin can ride the bike good I'm confident she can work it out and not even put a scratch on it. :fiddy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts