Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ladies,

Sorry to post in your forum, but what can you suggest to get makeup out of the helmet liner? My wife has turned the liner in hers a nice shade of buff. The cheek pads come out of her HJC helmet, but the rest of the liner does not. How can I get the make-up out without soaking the whole helmet?

Thanks, -Kevin

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ooh, cover-up is hard to remove. Why don't you try something meant to remove stains out of cars- just put a little on a cloth and rub it in the helmet?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Thank God I don't wear foundation, but I have put on power here and there and I have also had it stick to the insides. What I did was dilute vinegar and water, took a bristled brush, dipped it in the solution and slowly brushed it off.

Now the smell sucks ass...:lol but it will get the foundation out with out ruining the insides. To get the vinegar smell out afterwords, is to place the helmet in a box with an open box of baking soda inside it. Close up the box and let it sit for about a week or so. DO NOT pour the baking soda into the helmet!.. Just place the baking soda in a box, and place the helmet over the top of it so the baking soda is "in" the helmet... :)

·
Banned
145 Posts
KevinTheCake said:
The cheek pads come out of her HJC helmet, but the rest of the liner does not.
What HJC helmet does she have?

·
Registered
262 Posts
try tuff stuff....you can buy it at any auto parts place....and possibly walmart...

it'll get anything out!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
you could try baby wipes I use it when ever I wear makeup ( i hate makeup) and it takes everything off with one quick swipe. takes foundation off of clothes to just rub slow you could also tell her you think she looks better without makeup

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
If she rejects the idea of not wearing any makeup at all (I know I would), another suggestion would be to only wear the foundation under the eyes, and basically in the T zone, then blend out to nothing. In other words, only apply it on the front of your face, where the helmet never touches. This is what I try to do, when I think about.

I inspected my helmet more closely after reading this thread. There is only a trace of makeup on the cheekpads and a bit where my forehead rubs the liner, probably from the days I just didn't care. And my helmet fits snugly. Oh, and if she hasn't already figured it out, waterproof mascara is a must, if it's to be worn at all.

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the sugestions ladies. I have been out of town for the past week or I would have said thanks earlier. I'll try the vinegar and baking soda.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I don't care. I wear makeup in my helmet. I mean, is it really any worse than the sweat from riding??? So if I have a little powder on the pads, so what. At least the powder doesn't smell....

·
Registered
243 Posts
waterproof mascara & Mac lipglass and I`m done, nothing is worse then sweating stripes down your face !

My son told me the other day beause I have so many freckles that
"Im beautiful like a cheeta!" :lao

So now I always use sunblock,but its probley too little too late ! :bitchslap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts