Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i had a bad cct. the rattle started at 6 and above couple months ago, by the time i changed it last week it was at 3 grand and above and i was geting some vibration above 6. also idle was at 2100 rpm. put on the ape, turned it till for the most part the rattle is gone, still a lil but not much, idle rpm is at 1700, but i still get the vib. above 6-7. any ideas on what it could be? how do u know when the ape is tight enough? does it require u turn it with a wrench or just by hand? thanks guys

mark

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
APE CCT, hand tight until you feel it just hit the chain, then another 1/4 turn. Make sure to not over do it or you're in a whole new world of problems. That should've fixed the problem but if you're having a lot of problems with it still, then maybe there's a chance that the chain had already skipped a tooth.... or you didn't tighten the lock nut and it's coming loose again.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Yamaha that gets really buzzy around 6-7k too. I just figured out CCT means cam chain tensioner thanks to SqDancerLynn1. What is APE?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts