Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a hard fall my 1998 CBR 600 F3 floods to the point of raw fuel dripping from the headers after 3 or 4 cranks. Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had a '93 that did this, gas just flooded out. If I remember correctly, one of th floats had stuck open.

That day was basically the end of my CBR, but not for that reason. I parked it off to the side and walked a mile back to my dad-in-law's house to get some tools. While walking there and back, someone managed to back into my bike and knock it over the curb to the sidewalk 3 feet below. Never ran right after that.

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
smack the bottoms of the carbs with the _handle_ of a hammer, sometimes that frees the stuck float valve.
Then take the plugs out to let the cylinders dry out.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
The inlet needle on one or more carbs is stuck open, which can be from dirt or maladjusted floats. If it started this behavior after a hard fall, the needles may return to normal once you get them unstuck. I agree with tapping on the fuel bowls with a hammer handle, just don't go caveman on them. If they don't re-seat, take the bowls off and figure out what's wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts