Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fast paced sport ride heading out Saturday 7/16/05. Gear is required. We will be putting in around 300 miles over SW Wisconsin. The meet point will be the Hardee's in Middleton on the corner of Airport rd(century ave) and old 12. From the beltline get off at the NEW AIRPORT RD exit and head east 1/4 mile.

We will be leaving at about 8:30 am so we can get some miles in before it gets too hot.

Hope some new faces show!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Prepping for trackday....sorry! Maybe next time!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...you all missed a REALLY HOT RIDE. well into the 90's and quite uncomfortable once you come to a stop. I rode with a CamelBack and it helped haing real-time access to liquids, but it was still HOT as a MOFO.
Got in 200 miles or so. 7 showed. Discovered that the whole first half of my route was 80% covered in fresh pea gravel so that threw the AM game plan out the window...Finally we come into clean road and 2 miles in...a huge tree down accross the road with no way around. Once we got to Lone Rock the second half of the day was great...except for the heat...
No one down ...from the roads or the heat...Great ride...

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
dirkmc3 said:
Well...you all missed a REALLY HOT RIDE. well into the 90's and quite uncomfortable once you come to a stop. I rode with a CamelBack and it helped haing real-time access to liquids, but it was still HOT as a MOFO.
Got in 200 miles or so. 7 showed. Discovered that the whole first half of my route was 80% covered in fresh pea gravel so that threw the AM game plan out the window...Finally we come into clean road and 2 miles in...a huge tree down accross the road with no way around. Once we got to Lone Rock the second half of the day was great...except for the heat...
No one down ...from the roads or the heat...Great ride...
i've been told that most of the roads southwest of madison got a fresh layer of peagravel. how are the roads northwest?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Personally slabbed 3.75 hrs back from Rochester, MN this Sunday during the heat of the day...that was damn hot. Full vents open on the jacket, 80 or so on I-90, and I was still soaked with sweat when I got back. Camelback would have been nice except my backpack carrying all of my clothing took up the room... :) Sorry I didn't make it out, but I had to help the g/f move into her new apt. in MN.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
malik ross said:
i've been told that most of the roads southwest of madison got a fresh layer of peagravel. how are the roads northwest?
Some did...JJ,H,T...all pea gravelled...Bastards!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts