Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last august 7th was the first time I ever rode a motorcycle, I did it at a safety class. A week later I got my ninja 250. Now im on a gixxer 600 and have been on it since march. anyway i just recently had my one year anniversary for riding and I havent wrecked or dropped my bike. the guy teaching the safety course said the first year is the worst and that most of us in the class would at least drop our bikes at least once. he said if you make it through your first year with no incidents its a good sign. well i did it and im proud :banana , hopefully i'll have many more years of safe, accident free riding.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Don't get to comfy. I'm sure you know you can go down at anytime, no matter how much experience you have. A guy I know crashed for the first time in 17 years. He's not dead but he didn't walk away and never will walk again in his life. Not trying to scare ya but just making sure you don't get too cocky out there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
bpmull said:
Don't get to comfy. I'm sure you know you can go down at anytime, no matter how much experience you have. A guy I know crashed for the first time in 17 years. He's not dead but he didn't walk away and never will walk again in his life. Not trying to scare ya but just making sure you don't get too cocky out there.

+1

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
poulsen said:
last august 7th was the first time I ever rode a motorcycle, I did it at a safety class. A week later I got my ninja 250. Now im on a gixxer 600 and have been on it since march. anyway i just recently had my one year anniversary for riding and I havent wrecked or dropped my bike. the guy teaching the safety course said the first year is the worst and that most of us in the class would at least drop our bikes at least once. he said if you make it through your first year with no incidents its a good sign. well i did it and im proud :banana , hopefully i'll have many more years of safe, accident free riding.
congrats poulsen, keep it that way dude, you will enjoy riding more.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Congrats...but remember, the fact that you didn't lay it down in the first year doesn't make it any less likely that you won't in subsequent years. It's really meaningless as far as the future is concerned.

PS - That gay Spiderman avatar must go!

·
Registered
966 Posts
how many miles did you tach on in that year of riding?? Anyways congrats I think...want a brownie:)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Congrats! I just finished my first year as well. Logged 14,000 miles... around 6,000 on my Ninja 250 and 8,000 on my FZ6. So Rouge6, where's MY cookie?!? :lol

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
freeky929 said:
Congrats...but remember, the fact that you didn't lay it down in the first year doesn't make it any less likely that you won't in subsequent years. It's really meaningless as far as the future is concerned.

PS - That gay Spiderman avatar must go!

Agreed

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
Congratulations on your first year of riding without a fall. This is my 42nd year of riding without a fall on the street. I did crash more than a few times flat tack racing in the 60's.

My experience tells me there is a survivorship bias in riding - the longer you ride, the better you become. I hope you have as much fun as I have had over the years. I still love the prospect of riding a motorcycle as much as I did 42 years ago!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Wow, bikes AND a Z06? You the MAN! :dblthumb

Hopefully I'll be able to say the same thing after that many years of riding. Plus, Imagine how fast the 2040 Corvette Z06 is gonna be! :banana

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts