Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking sor some sort of luggage for my 04 kaw 636. Any suggestions?? just something simple i need to be able to carry some clothes with me, i want to be able to drive between delaware and baltimore?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Get yerself a nice tankbag. I've seen that Icon bag at the local dealer and it looks pretty neat. Never seen one on a bike though. The Tourmaster nylong magnetic tankbag I orderd just shipped out today. If you want I can let you know what I think when I get it.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got a tankbag and can recommend them...beware though that a tank bag takes away the ability to tuck in under the windscreen...I learned this lesson a couple months ago while on a long weekend ride with mostly highway miles at sustained speeds of 75-90 mph. My neck muscles got quite the workout. For shorter rides or slower speeds its not an issue.

Another option is the soft tail bags...I've seen some really nice ones that taper toward the back to go with the flow of the tailsection...real slick looking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
One advantage of the tank bag however I found with long highway miles is that you can actually rest your chin on it. Made a huge difference. Tail bag is another good option for short trips...not really big on the sport saddlebags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts