Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
mmmm FZ6 N(aked)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What luggage solutions are people using on their FZ6's?

I am planning on ordering a Bagster Whoopa seat(/tail) bag, with a fitting kit that is supposedly designed to strap under the passenger section of the seat. Although ideally I would like to get a tank bag, but the odd shape of the tank on the FZ6 and the handlebars largely limit the size of the tank bag that can be used.

I travel a lot and don't like carrying around a laptop, text books, note books and wet weather gear all in a backpack. Even if i cant find a luggage solution for the laptop, at least i can get everything else off my back.

It will be good to hear what other people are doing.

Oh by the way, I am not really too interested in saddle bags (/ panniers)

Cheers

Ozfz6nguy

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Velocity Series Tank bag and it fit's the tank fine. The only thing that I've noticed is doing full turns of the handlebars that the hazzards would sometimes get turned on. No biggie though. The mesh in the front pocket is torn a bit on mine but it will be fixed under warranty once riding season is over. (Not sure how it happened, I never put anything in there) Besides that the bag is solid and good quality. Keeps things dry too. I rode for 2 hrs in heavy rain with just the rain cover on it and nothing got wet inside :)

I have the saddle bags too only for long trips though, but you said you weren't interested in them.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone know where I could get a good helmet bag. I don't like the kind that bungie up their though, maybe velcro.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use the Joe Rocket Velocity tailbag daily to carry my laptop, planner, dress shoes, lunch, and misc crap when I ride to work. I got it from another FZ6 owner on the board. Works great and is the perfect size for what I need it for.
That looks great...how does it attach to the seat?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ernesto said:
That looks great...how does it attach to the seat?
It has two built in bungee cords with plastic hooks. I put the bag on sideways and wrap the cords through the passenger grab rails all the way under the tail and hook them to the opposite side hook. Holds the bag very tight to the seat and I haven't had any issues with scuffed paint or scratching from the cords. I'll try to remember to grab a pic of it on the bike later.

·
Registered
75 Posts
redhawkphi said:
Love the saddle bags....damn those look fine. How much do they hold?
They expand out and I put two helmets, my sneakers and my rain gear in one with no problems. Plus they have bungee netting hidden in a side pocket so you can put a bunch of stuff on top of them too.

"-Zippered expansion panel expands to 12" wide
-17.5"L x 7"W x 10.5"H "

·
Registered
193 Posts
Those Rocket bags look real slick. You say two helmets, why do you need two, it looks like the bags take away the posibility of a passenger. Correct me if I'm wrong... I would like to be told I'm wrong by the way.

That was just more or less, a really backwards way of asking you if you can still ride a passenger.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ripthenightopen said:
Those Rocket bags look real slick. You say two helmets, why do you need two, it looks like the bags take away the posibility of a passenger. Correct me if I'm wrong... I would like to be told I'm wrong by the way.

That was just more or less, a really backwards way of asking you if you can still ride a passenger.
I said two helmets to give you an idea of how much they can hold. (Everyone knows how big a helmet is :p)

My wife got on the back with them on (Straps under the seat of course) and once she got her feet in place she said there was no problem. With my new FE kit from FAZ6 I'm hoping to put them to the rear a slight bit more to give her a little bit more room.

·
Registered
41 Posts
lbjester said:
I said two helmets to give you an idea of how much they can hold. (Everyone knows how big a helmet is :p)

My wife got on the back with them on (Straps under the seat of course) and once she got her feet in place she said there was no problem. With my new FE kit from FAZ6 I'm hoping to put them to the rear a slight bit more to give her a little bit more room.
Very nice looking...wasn't too intrested in saddle bags till I saw how nice they look on ur ride....now I'll be checking them out. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I heard Bagster now makes saddles for FZ6 too. They don't appear on their website yet.
Would be very interesting to see a pic of that.
AND to find a cheap retailer... local one is asking like $450 for one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Cortech sport tail bag. My dad uses the same on his FZ1 and we both love them. It will hold enough for an overnighter maybe two if you pack right.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
it's Hwy B in Lincoln county. Not near LaCrosse but it was a sweet road. We went through it 4 times before heading onward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lbjester said:
I have the Joe Rocket Velocity Series Tank bag and it fit's the tank fine. The only thing that I've noticed is doing full turns of the handlebars that the hazzards would sometimes get turned on. No biggie though. The mesh in the front pocket is torn a bit on mine but it will be fixed under warranty once riding season is over. (Not sure how it happened, I never put anything in there) Besides that the bag is solid and good quality. Keeps things dry too. I rode for 2 hrs in heavy rain with just the rain cover on it and nothing got wet inside :)

I have the saddle bags too only for long trips though, but you said you weren't interested in them.
No problems with exhaust heat with the JR Velocity bags?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts