Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is not quite what I was averaging at the end of practicing, but it is not as bad as it could have been considering my lack of sleep issue and my nervousness.

168 I am not sure how to quantify it. It is in the 97%. It may not get me into Harvard, but it is serviceable anyway. :)

I guess it is officially time for me to start preparing my applications.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Congrats and good luck...:dblthumb

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hobert said:
It is not quite what I was averaging at the end of practicing, but it is not as bad as it could have been considering my lack of sleep issue and my nervousness.

168 I am not sure how to quantify it. It is in the 97%. It may not get me into Harvard, but it is serviceable anyway. :)

I guess it is officially time for me to start preparing my applications.
If you can't get in to many schools you can apply at Nova. They have this program where you do this one month institute thing and if you pass this grueling institute then you will matriculate into the law program. Nova has this one law program that qualifies you for international law. It is done in conjuction with some school in madrid. IF I were into law I would hop on that ASAP. Just a suggestion ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a friend who went to Nova. He went there to play baseball and did his undergrad in 3 years. He was accepted to the Law School before he took the LSAT. Once he took it and reported his 166/167ish score they gave him a full scholarship. His undergrad work there was excellent which may have helped. I plan to apply there as a backup and would really consider it if they paid for it.

He has been working in an office and started his own firm on the side a year or so ago. He is now moving to Cincinnati and his firm has grown enough he is going to do that full time. He has offered me a clerk position while I am in school, and a job when I get out.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Congrats Hobert!! Looks like a good opportunity to get your foot in the door with you friend :)

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Hobert said:
He is now moving to Cincinnati and his firm has grown enough he is going to do that full time. He has offered me a clerk position while I am in school, and a job when I get out.
it's not what you know - it's who you know.....

congrats on th egreat score :dblthumb

·
Registered
924 Posts
congrats & good luck

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Congratulations to you!!!! Best wishes for your success.

I do have a question and I don't mean to be ignorant... what test was this and what does it do for you and your career?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Onetrick said:
Congratulations to you!!!! Best wishes for your success.

I do have a question and I don't mean to be ignorant... what test was this and what does it do for you and your career?
Thanks OT :)

The LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test. It is required to be taken by almost every Law School in the country in order for your application to be considered. They heavily weight your score and your Undergrad GPA when considering your application. A personal statement and a written essay from the LSAT are used to evaluate your writing ability. The final input for your application are letters of recommendation.

What does it mean for my career? It is looking like a switch from Software Engineer to Attorney. :banana

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Hobert said:
Thanks OT :)

The LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test. It is required to be taken by almost every Law School in the country in order for your application to be considered. They heavily weight your score and your Undergrad GPA when considering your application. A personal statement and a written essay from the LSAT are used to evaluate your writing ability. The final input for your application are letters of recommendation.

What does it mean for my career? It is looking like a switch from Software Engineer to Attorney. :banana
That is fantastic... :banana :banana Thanks for explaining...Now double good luck to you.

·
wuka man
849 Posts
shit...talk about complete 180 career change. Congrats and good luck with what ever school you apply to :dblthumb
I work at Nova but i couldnt do a dam thing to get you into the law school

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm at nova law currently. i got a 151 on my lsat and got in no problem. i didn't have to do the scam Aample program they got going. with a 168 you can probably get into most any school in the northeast. but hey just as in life its what you put in that you get out. law school is law school. if you need questions answered let me know.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
corrupter said:
i'm at nova law currently. i got a 151 on my lsat and got in no problem. i didn't have to do the scam Aample program they got going. with a 168 you can probably get into most any school in the northeast. but hey just as in life its what you put in that you get out. law school is law school. if you need questions answered let me know.
Thanks, if I have any questions I will hit you up. I agree with your statement about ones effort dictating what they receive from school. My friend is a good example. He went to Nova and ended up working for the Attorney he clerked for during his first summer. Now he is building his own firm. Nova worked out well for him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts