Sport Bikes banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my r6 lowered for over a year now and I love it. It handles great and I have been on many road trips with it. It also handles great in town. If you want to lower it then do it. It's your bike. I did a ton of research and took great time with the process. It works great and looks great. As far as the kick stand goes, I had mine cut off about 1 1/4. I carry around a piece of wood for those hot days anyway. So I just use it all the time. No worries. Just go ride and have a great time doing it.

·
It's Kevopalooza time!
1,011 Posts
My friend has a lowered 636 and she was leaving the gas station and hit a dip in the pavment ripping off her oil drain plug. It sucked big time, it was out of commission for quite some time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You just have to keep in mind that it is lowered and watch where your going and what your doing. I haven't had any problems with mine. I plan on slamming it in a couple weeks and taking it to the drag strip to see what it will do. I just hope my clutch doesn't go out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lowered 2" with dog bones, slid the tubes through the triple trees and chopped the factory stand. I cant say it doesn't handle as well because I don't ride aggressively so I've never come close to using the potential of the bike. Being 5'6" and having to tippy toe the thing sucked plus it looks better. Slam the bike!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lowered 2" with dog bones, slid the tubes through the triple trees and chopped the factory stand. I cant say it doesn't handle as well because I don't ride aggressively so I've never come close to using the potential of the bike. Being 5'6" and having to tippy toe the thing sucked plus it looks better. Slam the bike!!!

Being vertically impaired, I am about to lower my bike 2" as well. How much did you drop the front forks?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Being vertically impaired, I am about to lower my bike 2" as well. How much did you drop the front forks?
I dropped the clamps 1.375. Looks sweet I have to take some pics of her this week I'll throw some up for you to see. I'm selling my little Yammy and going to the dark side, I have had a new fetish with the RC51..... :cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info Synister. I just got my bike last March and its not even broken-in yet. Its sitting in my garage collecting dust, because old man winter keeps appearing up here in Calgary. I hope you have fun at the dark side.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts