Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I searched several months back and didn't find anything about lowering. Does anyone have any mods for this, or can I just swivel the handlebar forward quarter turn for a more aggressive stance? I don't want anything as extreme as an R6 or an SV650S, just a little more aggressive.

Just my first thought would be to replace it with a straight bar and risers for a stock posture, then pull out the risers for aggressive.

·
Registered
858 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
Ok, I searched several months back and didn't find anything about lowering. Does anyone have any mods for this, or can I just swivel the handlebar forward quarter turn for a more aggressive stance? I don't want anything as extreme as an R6 or an SV650S, just a little more aggressive.

Just my first thought would be to replace it with a straight bar and risers for a stock posture, then pull out the risers for aggressive.
Try searching for Handlebars under users FAZR6 or Maste, I know they both have replaced there handlebars with different models and it gives them a little more aggressive stance, or perhaps they will chime in if they see this msg.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
+!
I think they have the LSL bar if memory serves me...
Sure they will pop on here shortly to confirm...

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:

I tried the broomstick (straight bar) with an MV riser. Works great on the tracks, but the problem is that you'll have a hard time reaching the handlebar switches with your thumbs because of the angle. I had to loosen my grip to get to the turn signal and horn. It would work if you could shorten the handlebars, but the stock lever assemblies won't allow for proper positioning.

I think FAZR6's handlebar plus a Genmar riser is what you're looking for.

When changing the handlebar, make sure the the bars don't hit the tank and levers don't hit anything at full sweep.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
If you foresee yourself switching back and forth, that might be the easiest way to do it. You definitely aren't going to want to change back and forth between different handlebars as it's a slight pain in the rear to change out all of the controls.
Since no one else has brought them up, you can also check out the Suburban bars (click the link in my sig). They are nice bars, but quite pricey compared to the others out there. Still, if you really want to switch back and forth, your idea is the only way to go.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I'm using the LSL street bar (not the high street bar). It barely has full clearance when adjusted properly. Check out my gallery or search for handlebars.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FAZR6 said:
I'm using the LSL street bar (not the high street bar). It barely has full clearance when adjusted properly. Check out my gallery or search for handlebars.

Looks great, thanks for all the answers, everybody.

I'll probably ride a few months before I do anything like this, but I think I'll be wanting it soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts