Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out the other night on my '05 gixer 600 and pulled into a parking lot to meet up with a friend of mine. When I parked, I pulled up onto the sidewalk going up a little ramp at an angle. I slowed down a little bit thinking if I was going to fast the slope of the ramp might throw my balance off. Well, when I did, I put my feet down to walk the bike the rest of the way, but my right foot caught the edge of the curb and slipped off resulting in me dropping the bike. I have frame sliders which saved the bike from a shitload of damage, but the lower fairing was damaged from the impact of a bolt on the fairing bracket pushing the fairing outwards resulting in an ugly little blemish. It's not ruined, but at the same time it's a huge eyesore and I hate myself every time I look at it. Does anyone know where I might find a stock lower fairing for the K5 body style? I'm trying to avoid the dealer as much as possible because of their markup. Thanks to anyone that can help. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try OneidaSuzuki.com I dropped my bike 4 weeks ago and thats where I got all my parts from. They are oem parts and come color matched and also they are alot cheaper than the dealer.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Good post. Check them out. Also, keep an eye out on eBay. Sometimes brand new OEM panels come up for a good deal.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
ebay and check the classifides on gixxer.com you might be able to find one on there for a good price.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I'll definitely give it a look. I did find a few on ebay, but I could've gotten the parts cheaper from the dealer, so I'm holding out for now. I'll keep you posted though. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
good luck, hope you find one for a decent price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts