Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our group rode one of our most infamous roads around here (lots of sharp turns and gravel in the turns), and we all made it out fine. Rather than going down on a twisty-road run, the turn that bit me in the ass was half a mile from my house, on our way to dinner.

It had just rained, and with our area having not seeing rain for quite some time, the roads were obviously slick. Came over a bridge turn-around/overpass and lost traction.

I had enough momentum to come to my feet and see my bike sliding away from me (what an awful site that is). My first priority was walking to my bike and picking it up. Didn't even give a shit if I was alright.

Never realized how banged up you could get from a 15mph low-side, though. Gear saved me from rash, but boy did I wish I had some knee protection.

I give a HUGE props to Vortex. My bike slid 30ft+ and their sliders saved my bike from excessive damage. No other fairings other than my tail were damaged.

The worst of it:

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Do it big! shoulda been wearin' yo white t nukka

·
"Mindbottling isn't it?"
4,573 Posts
My first priority was walking to my bike and picking it up. Didn't even give a shit if I was alright.
You must be one tough SOB.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Damn that sux..minimal damage to u and bike.. u came out lucky.. also duct tape works better..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rain almost killed me yesterday. Shit was bone dry for so long. Then we got 5 minutes of torrential (spelling?) rain. Flooded everything. This was about 15 minutes before I was off work. Hit the freeways and it was so slick. I got off at the next exit to say the least.

·
Banned
3,836 Posts
I've been in two accidents, one coming out of my drive way at less then 5 km/h and the other around 30-40km/h.. I hurt myself more coming out of my drive way then I did falling off at 30-40 km/h.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've been holding off on swing arm sliders as I have a side pipe, but I'll get one now for the other side.

I hate riding in wet/rain, cause I hate to crash. When conditions look crappy, I go into newbie mode.

·
Not always on two
2,727 Posts
Only if you had the helmet camera you just sold me you could tell us all via video!

But really, that isn't too bad of damage considering the circumstances..those sliders did their job. Def pick up another pair of those!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts