Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my new bike a little over a week ago and I am loving it. So far I have only put around 300 miles on it but I could not be happier with my decision to purchase it. I have purchased a few goodies for it including rear spools, frame sliders, hid's, integrated tail light, and a fender eliminator. Other than that I'm not going to be changing a whole lot on it for a while.

Here is the 2008 Yamaha R6S that I traded in on it. I purchased this one a little over a month ago. It was a very nice bike but it just didn't quite do it for me.

Here are some of my previous bikes.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice MV hope you still have it at the back of the garage .
Unfortunately I sold the MV about three years ago. I had four knee surgeries and it hurt way too bad to ride. I bought the R6S a little over a month ago to see how my knees would handle riding. They seem to be doing pretty well so I went ahead and upgraded to the new bike.

I would be lying if I said I don't miss the MV. That bike was amazing.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Unfortunately I sold the MV about three years ago. I had four knee surgeries and it hurt way too bad to ride. I bought the R6S a little over a month ago to see how my knees would handle riding. They seem to be doing pretty well so I went ahead and upgraded to the new bike.

I would be lying if I said I don't miss the MV. That bike was amazing.
See I would have held on to it in the vain hope of being able to ride it again .. but they are pretty extreme positioning , I have ridden a few of them over the years .

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats :dblthumb

That is a big can, though! :lol
Thank you. If I get to the point that I can safely use all of it's power I'll think about replacing the exhaust. Unfortunately, like 90% of the people that ride sport bikes I'll probably never get to that point.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Thank you. If I get to the point that I can safely use all of it's power I'll think about replacing the exhaust. Unfortunately, like 90% of the people that ride sport bikes I'll probably never get to that point.
Power isn't the ONLY reason to delete the OEM exhaust. Think of the weight you'll save, further increasing the ease of turning. That thing looks at least 20 lbs!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Power isn't the ONLY reason to delete the OEM exhaust. Think of the weight you'll save, further increasing the ease of turning. That thing looks at least 20 lbs!
Good point. Guess it would be good to lose 20 pounds off of the bike and another 20 or so from on top of the seat.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Man, congrats on the new 6R. Definitely the business. But, after seeing the F4 pic I immediately forgot about the Kawi. Sorry you had to let that one go, but hoping you get back to where you were as a rider before the surgeries that prompted the MV sale....which in that case the ZX-6R will totally be the right decision. :)

Enjoy it in good health. Great bike you have.

-Christian

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I gave into peer pressure. What can I say, I'm a weak, weak man. :D

Ordered an M4 GP slip-on with stage 2 silencer insert.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pick! How was the riding position on the R6S vs. the ZX6R?
Thank you.

The R6S was pretty comfortable but really the 6R really isn't what I would consider uncomfortable. The R6S is a little more relaxed, it lets you set up a little more and it doesn't make you bend your legs quite as much. I guess if I wanted to do longer rides the R6S would have a slight advantage over the 6R in the comfort aspect. However, I love the new bike and the way it rides. I guess when it comes to "affordable" sport bikes I'm just a Kawi guy.

·
Sled Head
654 Posts
Nice bike, but the pipe is huge. For me power isn't the only reason to get a can. Sound, I love the sound of my own exhaust, to me it is like music. Plus everyone can hear me coming!
Sweet bike though, but my eyes go right to that fat pipe. It just doesn't look right.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nice bike, but the pipe is huge. For me power isn't the only reason to get a can. Sound, I love the sound of my own exhaust, to me it is like music. Plus everyone can hear me coming!
Sweet bike though, but my eyes go right to that fat pipe. It just doesn't look right.
Already ordered a new one, best I can do. :eek:

I ordered the silencer for it though, I am not a fan of extremely loud pipes. I like to be courteous to my neighbors when I leave the house at 5:30 or so in the mornings. Also, I don't want any unnecessary attention.

·
Sled Head
654 Posts
Already ordered a new one, best I can do. :eek:

I ordered the silencer for it though, I am not a fan of extremely loud pipes. I like to be courteous to my neighbors when I leave the house at 5:30 or so in the mornings. Also, I don't want any unnecessary attention.
Cool! I just love loud pipes. I have neighbors to, I just keep it low around my house. Also, (I'm in the mtns) I believe it keeps deer away.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well I made a few changes today.

A few goodies.

Spools.

Integrated tail light.

Fender eliminator.

HID's. I'm going to have to get some new parking lights now.

This thing showed up while I was doing the other work.

A big box of junk.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finished product. I need to wash it so please excuse the dirty. I took a 170 mile ride on WV country roads prior to working on it. I also installed a battery tender and ran the wire for the radar detector. All in all it was a pretty good day.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts