Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
it's their name and logo only, so i read.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Its cool if it doesn't start in the rain. That just means you wont have to ride in the rain with the headlight that broke last night in the dark.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
didn't know lotus was now TVR.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lotus Motorcycles is bankrolled by The Holzer group/Volkswagen who also own The new motorcycle company HOREX . The HOREX VR6 is powered by a 1400cc TRIPLE overhead cam, 15 degree V6 with 3 valves per cylinder. The Piston tops are actually slanted? This engine is derived from Volkswagens W16 which powers the worlds fastest automobile the Bugatti Veron.
LOTUS F1 race engineers designed the motorcycle , hence why they BOUGHT the right to use The Lotus name .

These are also the same people who own Audi who Bought Ducati . Volkswagens board of directors are all motorcycle enthusiast.

Most likely the lotus will use the new HOREX 1400cc V-6 engine they have already developed. But Use the Supercharged version that makes 240hp which equates to roughly 200 RWHP

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
When I think of lotus making a motorcycle, I imagine a 300lb sportbike with 50-75 horsepower, not a muscle bike.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts

·
Registered
9,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
When I think of lotus making a motorcycle, I imagine a 300lb sportbike with 50-75 horsepower, not a muscle bike.
Agreed. The Lotus brand and "less is more" go hand in hand.

It will be interesting to see what actually materializes.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Honda CBX
BMW K1600
Honda Valkyrie
Kawi Z1300

What am I missing?
Benelli Sei. Also a few racebikes over the years.

The Horex isn't in production, but it is planned to be a VR6, although I don't believe it shares anything with the VW VR6 design other than basic layout.

PhilB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts