Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They said I would have to get the key code off of the lock cylinder but I can't find it. The ignition looks like you would have to have a special tool to get it off and it does not seem very cost efficient.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am sure you could take it down there and have them get the key code

would prob be cheaper then replacing the cyl, if you didnt know how to do it yourself

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
its easy to take off just look at it and youll figure it out if you have some tools

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hardware holding the ignition to the trip tree look does not look like anything I've ever seen. They look like tapered brass nipples.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
if you have a dremal just notch the nipples and you can use a screw driver this is there form of theft protection. but i would say take it to the shop and have them get the # for you

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Or the gas tank......but cover it with somethin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I brought it into a locksmith today to try to make a key by impressioning. The guy had trouble with it so I left it there overnight. Hopefully he can finish up tomorrow, I'm just weighing out my options right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This bike has given me nothing but problems. I think it's taken 10 years off of my life from the stress levels it's created.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
what kind of bike is it and year if you dont mind

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the same thing a few months ago. Took it to the lock smith to get a key cut, they had trouble cutting the key, it wouldn't turn smoothly and it was getting late so they told me to take the bike and bring it back later in the week. To make a long story short, my dumb ass breaks the key in the ignition. I ended up drilling out the ignition and replacing the whole thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts