Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. Ever since I got my bike back toghether after a 3 week break (waiting on backordered parts) I just no longer have any discipline with the gas. Everytime I go riding I hit at least 135. Whats worse, no cure is in sight, as it is impossible for me to do any drag racing or trackdays because of my work schedule. And then those nitrous jets will be here in a few days... Oh well. At least I wear full gear :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
how many miles u have under ur belt?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I lost it a long time ago.....last ride I cruised at 120 twice. Something about long straight roads with no side streets...I can't help myself.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jackal79 said:
At least I wear full gear :D
Well officer I know I was speeding, but at least I'm wearing full gear! :bj

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am the same way, last weekend I topped out my bike at a little over 160 mph and now I seem to get above 100 real quick...

·
Registered
558 Posts
after 5 speeding tickets in the past 2 yrs I cannot afford the loss of discipline.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i'm sure the popo's can re-instile that kinda control......:laughing

·
Registered
569 Posts
Throttle discipline? What's that? :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
i thought the throttle was their so you could shrug off any thoughts of discipline..

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I average 80-100mph on solo cruises. I felt like going through the gears for the first time last night. Went from 0-174mph last night in like 15 seconds. What a rush.

·
Registered
646 Posts
No throttle control? Yeh, the 5.0 will correct that without an issue. Im sure full gear will save your life when you hit the back of a car that stops suddenly for no reason while you are doing 150mph...

·
Registered
731 Posts
What happened to me last year was while having sommer holidays I only lived at night, got up at 1900 hours and whent back home before the sun came out, and as I have a dark visor on my helmet I had it allways open. When school started again, I did go out in the sun again so I put my visor down. Being so used of the wind blowing in my face and sudenly having no wind at all I never noticed my speed, when I looked down at the gauge I allways scared my self.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts