Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have these problems? I've tried to tighten tail light bolts and the lens still moves up and down a total of 1/2 inch. Also is there any way to adjust seat latch so seat isn't loose? These issues are on an 06 and they are driving me nuts. :dunno

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Normal. If the tail light didn't move, I would probably have snapped it off by now...rather my passengers would have by sliding off the back of the bike

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was getting a rattle out of the TL for the same reasons, but was able to cram some 1/4" strips of fiber-reinforced rubber underneath it (with a little silicone to keep them in place) to kill the noise. I left some play in it, but it's livable now.

Makes no sense why it's so loose, maybe this part was designed on the loading dock?

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I get a rattle in the seat over bumps, because the seat isn't latched in the very back, it has a tendency to bounce around when the bike bounces. This produces an annoying rattle, but its nothing to get all worked up about.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
foam strips under the back of the seat help.
I also adjusted my seat latch with some shims to move the latch. Not hard to do. If you go too far then you'll be bitching that the seat is hard to get back on again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts