Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are a few FZ6 owners out there who have yet to wheelie. I lost my virginity in it the other night....by accident. A friend of mine who has a DRZ Enduro called me out when we we riding together and stopped at a red. I figured I'd put that little 400 to shame and just about wrecked in the process. The light went green and I held the clutch in a little to long. The next thing I know I'm staring straight up.... Taken by surprise I eased off the throttle and saw my friend half a block ahead of me. Trying to play catch up I once again lifted high enough to lose sight of anything in front of me and at that point I eased off and met up at the next intersection. Two points to make here. Don't overdo it if you don't know what your doing and believe me and the rest of the riders here when they say that the bike has enough power.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
+1, lean forward over the tank and it doesn't go up easily at all. The only times I've accidentally had it go up on me were when I gave it more throttle than even I was expecting, causing my body to jerk back... pulling back on the handlebars with the center of gravity behind the tank.

Also, shame on you for losing to a 400 on our bike. :p

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yah, but can a 400 wheelie?

Thanks for the hints (on how not to!). I'm not really interested in repeating my experience. I was being a little aggressive about a truck that wanted to butt in front of me at a light at a freeway onramp. The forks dove when I paused for the light, then I let off the brake and gave her a good twist. Ta da!, baby wheelie. I wasn't worried, but then I was NOT looking at the sky.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Okay, now I'm remembering wheelies on bicycles. And some road rash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DRZ 400 can wheelie easily with one twist of the trottle in 1st and it is quite controlled. But It's a dirt bike with a headlight and turn signals so what do you expect? :D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've felt my front end come up on me 2 or 3 times .... and after I put on the 50t rear sprocket it really wants to come up. Each time it happened I quickly pulled in the clutch and let it settle down before trying again. So I couldn't have lifted it more then a few inches.
It doesn't happen that often any more, probably cause I've gotten more use to the bike and how to handle it. Basically I know the bike can wheelie ..... but I can't and really don't want to either.
I bought a motorcycle ... not a unicycle :lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Until today the only stunt I did by mistake with my FZ6 was a stoppie... A female driver.. had her turning signal right... and came left... I hit the front brake so hard... I almost saw the front wheel under my nose.. it felt great... but never tried it again! Hehehe!

The only stunt I do on purpose.. is a little controled powerslide one some areas that don't have traffic.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That's a stoppie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts