Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
CasterTroy said:
Down the road I wanna 900rr

Color doesnt matter because I'll paint it black/flames like the bird anyway.....but what are some quirks/common issues I need to look for?

also, how hard is the 17" 600 front whell swap?

I.E. is it just a drop in application or do I need spacers etc?
Caster, I've had mine for a while and I'm yet (knock on wood), to have anything go wrong, other than my crashing...I know lots of stunters who have beat the living daylights out of theirs and the bikes just keep going...

As for the rim swap, I'm trying to do the same thing...One of my local riders has his own shop and said all you have to do is change the spacers on the rim and get a rim from an F2/F3...

I won't be swapping anytime soon because I just bought brand new tires, but in a few months when I need new ones, I think I'm going to make the swap...I'll let you know...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The F3 wheel swap won't work on the 98/99 RR. I believe it can be done on the 96/97. I can't remember if you use the RR or the F2/F3 spacers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jason up at C&J said the F3&F2 wheels will work. I have him looking for one now so I can switch mine out.

·
The Master Fabricator!!!!
1,687 Posts
When you's guys do this swap I need a 16" front wheel and speedo gear ASAP like yesterday.

As for the swap it is easy mang:D Remember my whacked out 900RR we did it on that bike it was a 93 with all kinds of newer body work etc....

the newer bikes you dont have to do that it should already have the 17" front wheel I belive 93-95 is the 16" after that they all had the 17" dont quote me but I think that is pretty close:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts