Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Looking To Buy A Kawasaki Ninja, Preferably A 99 Or Newer. Trying To Keep Price Under 3500 But With Little To No Damage To The Bike. If You Know Of Any Just Email Me, Post It Or Im Me!

·
Registered
475 Posts
A Ninja you say? Hmm.. Which kind? every sportbike Kawasaki makes is called a 'Ninja'.... you want a 250? 500? 600? 750? 1000? 1200?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Preferably a good starter, something around 600 or less and from somewhere close to home in dear sweet Wisconsin

·
Registered
475 Posts
could probably find a nice clean mid-nineties straight ZX6 (not R) for around $2500 easy. Plenty of power, but not the newest thing on the block - perfect starter bike.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously? Ive been looking for awhile now in the local papers and everywhere else i can think of but havent been able to, let me know asap, id like love you forever lol,

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a 95 zx7 with about 17k mi Ill sell for 3600...I just bough 3 months ago for 4000 and Im in the MIL with ya

·
Registered
584 Posts
check ebay and autotrader.

From my experience: 250s don't depreciate much, so even a couple of years old 250 will be around $3K. 500s drop in value (but are still awesome starter bike).

So, I'd recommend looking for a 4-5 year old ex500 that most likely can be had for about $2K (Example: a couple of days ago I saw a 2003 500R with 49!!! miles for $3,500 Buy it Now price on Ebay... a girlfriend changed her mind on riding or smth. like that)

·
Registered
157 Posts
ah.. too bad your not closer, I was thinking about selling my 500r, 2003 for $4000. Has 4500 miles on it, looking to sell since i'm preggo and not sure when i'm going to ride again :cry

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well yall, I dunno how many of you actually check this thread still but I found a bike and I bought it about 3 weeks ago. It's an ex250, 2001. Really good starter, I'm short and I have to lower it a lil bit but I'm learning quickly, accidentally pulled my first wheelie the other day through some problems I was having with the clutch. Thanks for the advice from everyone in here and also thanks for coming by and letting me take a look at your bike John!

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
You wheelied a 250? BRAVO! That's hard to do! Even if it was on accident... :eek: :lol :twofinger

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
^^^^I know, I first read a differnt post by her about a week ago and i was like, oh shit you wheelied a 2fiddy? dayam! I was totally impressed.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, and I was scurred shitless afterwards lol, but can't seem to do it again. I kinda want to, but the whole reason it happened was from people messin with my clutch and I don't want my clutch to be messed with now that it's somewhere comfortable for me.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
"accidentally pulled my first wheelie the other day through some problems I was having with the clutch"

Wow....its possible! I guess if ya clutch it goose it, it can happen. You might not be here anymore had ya bought something b*****.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HalfLiterBeater said:
You wheelied a 250? BRAVO! That's hard to do! Even if it was on accident... :eek: :lol :twofinger

haha, i was thinking the same thing! good thing you didn't have anything more powerful, woulda looped it and hurt yourself!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts