Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for name of a part that protects the part of the tank where your zipper on your jacket or even a belt would scratch. Ive seen some taht are like little spine like graphics... any1 know what im talking about?

and where can i get one.. im assuming parts411 ect but cant find them

·
Registered
198 Posts
say i think what you are looking for might be a "tank pad" or "tank protector", don't quote me though. you can probably find a good selection at your local stealership.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds like a tank protector to me also, they come in all shapes and sizes

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
tank pad, you can also get a gas cap protector to prevent you from scratching the cap or around it, but i think its more for decoration. and a yoke protector which helps your keys from scratching it. www.tankpads.com, or ebay

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
How about ball protectors? Screw the tank. It can be repainted my balls cant.....
how exactly would a tank pad protect your balls? the "pad" is really not a pad at all and offers very little padding to pad the jewels. basically it's just there to keep the tank from getting scratched up.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
They got clear stuff that works great. I have it on my busa and you can't even notice it until you are about 3 feet away. Can't remember the name of the company or the website. I'll look and post later.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Check ebay, last time I put aprilia in a search I saw about 30 different styles, I imagine if you actually looked for one youd find thousands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts