Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jammin_Johnny advised I bring this question to this section of the forums. I started drag racing my 03 600RR last night and ran three times, lets just say I'm addicted. It's a rush to legally run 120mph. So now I wanna start working on my bike to make it quicker down the 1/4. It's bone stock,

Whats the best way to bring my times down and create more power at the same time.

do they make simple removalable wheelie bars?

Tested ratios on a 600RR?

Should I get a PCIII and map it to use 110 octane "we have a gas station near by that sells 110 for about 3.85 a gallon" If so what kinda map should I use, and should I bring a laptop so that I can change it back afterwards.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
Jammin_Johnny advised I bring this question to this section of the forums. I started drag racing my 03 600RR last night and ran three times, lets just say I'm addicted. It's a rush to legally run 120mph. So now I wanna start working on my bike to make it quicker down the 1/4. It's bone stock,

Whats the best way to bring my times down and create more power at the same time.

do they make simple removalable wheelie bars?

Tested ratios on a 600RR?

Should I get a PCIII and map it to use 110 octane "we have a gas station near by that sells 110 for about 3.85 a gallon" If so what kinda map should I use, and should I bring a laptop so that I can change it back afterwards.

Thanks for all your help.

I was hoping someone other than I was going to put forth some info.

Yes............The speed can be a rush at the track. Also no COPS!

One of the two easiest ways to improve would be to purchase lowering links and the other would be tire choice in tandem with correct tire pressures.

I would not worry about bars. Running bars would require the removal of the rear suspension and the installation of a strut in place of the rear shock.

Sorry............You'll have to experiment with ratios. As for "specifics", the Factory teams will tell you the same. They are doing the same........TESTING. BTW........Any final drive ratio 3.70 or better would be a good start.

A PCIII would be a good add. Going with 110 octane straight should be avoided. Bazzaz Performance Design also manufacturers delivery systems. Depends on how serious you are and if you have a budget.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
before spending any money or a lot of money try raising your front tire pressure to max rating or just under it for less rolling resistance, and dropping the rear to 30-32 psi for better traction, and make sure your chain is not too loose,adjust it properly,and when you make a pass go as straight as possible down the track, dont weave,if you re-gear drop 1 tooth in the front, less expensive than changing rear sprocket,dont buy exotic fuels your motor was designed to run on 93 octane.give it full throttle as soon as possible in first gear without having to back off and shift at max horsepower rpm dont run it all the way to redline the motor peak's out before redline.the 600's have a lot of overrev so you dont have to shift in a curve while roadracing. you are drag racing you want to shift where the motor makes the most horsepower so you dont lose precious time revving your bike just to rev it.you are probably running in the low elevens rite now, with practice you could break in to the high tens. have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts