Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m looking to get some info on riding gear. I’ve always ridden with full leathers or close to full leathers. Frankly, those that do not wear good protection scare me with their disregard for safely and life. Now I’m not saying that I’m a saint. I currently wear a half shield and now that it is summer I wear a vest and full jacket over the winter. I however, I always wear chaps, never wear shorts, or shoes that do not cover my ankle. Can you tell that I’m on a cruiser? That is why I’m posting here…new to the whole sport-bike community. I’m looking to get a full one-piece suit, boots, gloves and full helmet. So what would you all recommend? Or for that matter, what would you not recommend? If you have not read between the lines or I’ve not communicated well, looking for pretty nice gear. If size is going to play in to brand recommendations, I’m 6’2” / 6’3” 210 / 215 lbs.

Thanks for the help!!!

Jason

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Wow, too many variables to give a concise answer. Maybe take a look in the "riders gear" section of the message board. There's a sticky where lots of folks list what they wear. Plus numerous threads on "what about this....".

One answer, however, is that the best gear is whatever you'll wear every time you get on the bike.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RayOSV said:
Wow, too many variables to give a concise answer. Maybe take a look in the "riders gear" section of the message board. There's a sticky where lots of folks list what they wear. Plus numerous threads on "what about this....".

One answer, however, is that the best gear is whatever you'll wear every time you get on the bike.
THANKS! I mistake all for not seeing that section first!

Jason

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shit, I'd still go. I don't give a damn if the other riders are geared up or not. That's completely up to them. I'd try to advise them to wear SOMETHING, but if they choose not to, that's their decision. Riding is riding.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've always wondered why people bother wearing chaps. If you go down, there's a good chance you'll land on your ass.

Anyway, I wear an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece suit. It's a bit pricey, and people keep asking me if I'm riding a snowmobile, but I love it.

I went with the one piece to force myself into wearing it all the time. I knew I'd keep wearing jeans if I didn't.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
oops, it looks like i replied to the wrong thread.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
adamf2 said:
oops, it looks like i replied to the wrong thread.

:bitchslap

:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts