Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Haven't found out if insurance will cover my bike yet, but my dad said he feels partially responsible since he told me not to ride, and he'll help me get another one for now. The cops probably aren't gonna find it, and I'd like to get back in the sport ASAP since my dad's gonna help me out. So! Anybody selling? :D

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go...

Previous Post

Summary...

My 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 was stolen.

And now I'm searching for a replacement 1000. Probably an '01-'02 like I wanted in the first place.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry to hear you might have to go from a 04 to a 01 or 02 liter bike. I have been on this board for a few years, how come I have NEVER heard of a zx9 being stolen.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
ya dude, memphis tn is ghettttttto

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you had full coverage, insurance should cover it. What part of Memphis do you live in? My brother had his van broken into about 2 years ago while staying overnight at a friend's house on Chickasaw Rd.

You should get in touch with him(yellowduc). He is in Memphis again for a while and rides around sometimes with a friend there.

·
Registered
457 Posts
paulF3 said:
If you had full coverage, insurance should cover it. What part of Memphis do you live in? My brother had his van broken into about 2 years ago while staying overnight at a friend's house on Chickasaw Rd.

You should get in touch with him(yellowduc). He is in Memphis again for a while and rides around sometimes with a friend there.
not really.. some insurance companies even though you have full coverage will not cover theft unless you have the theft option in your policy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Inner city Memphis is a hole. Most people don't actually live in "Memphis" but rather in the cities surrounding it. Used to be pretty common to hear about a stabbing on Beale St. Don't want to find yourself in Orange Mound any part of the day, certain parts of town you don't want to be in at night, rampant gang problems in certain parts, I-40 being a major drug highway.
Haven't lived in Memphis since 99, but that is what I remember from back "in the day."

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, yeah, Memphis is like number 3 on the highest crime rate cities of the nation. I never believed it before this happened, cause I never saw it. But now I'm a statistic. :mad: I'm most likely gonna stick with a Gix 1000. I loved that damn thing. I didn't put 2000 miles on it in 3 weeks for nothing...

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
i live in nashville tn and its ghetto

·
Registered
454 Posts
come to Knoxville folks...it is many things, but ghetto isn't one of them. I leave my bike sitting out in front of my house all day with no worries...although it does go in the garage at night.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Damn Twinsen that sucks, but you gotta get back on the gixxer! I would cry and be a little pussy if my baby was stolen....I love this damn bike.

Hope the theif tries to enjoy the bike and gets hit by a mack truck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
from your silence...it wasn't insured, was it? And why should dad feel bad about you not taking it...it could've been stolen anywhere. w/ bikes like that, you NEED theft coverage w/o question.

·
Registered
44 Posts
so you didn't get comprehensive then it won't be covered unless the house insurance covers it which I don't think they cover vehicle theft... damn that is why i got comprehensive at least just in case my bike gets stolen I get my money back... I don't care if I end up paying it off in 3 years w/ the amount of insurance.... tooo damn risky...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts