Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding yesterday on my basically brand new bike and took a corner too fast and wrecked pretty bad. I was wondering what the best thing to tell the insurance company is. I have full coverage. Should I say that a truck ran me off the road, or that there was loose gravel on the road. The police were not involved and I have the bike back at my place now. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
If I'm not mistaken,you need the police report to file a claim.

A bummer first post and welcome to SBN.

Are you OK?

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
I believe this is Justin? Correct? The same gentleman I wrote up about.

I don't believe you need a police report if no one was hurt. But if you don't have a police report saying it wasn't your fault, it's automatically your fault so it doesn't matter what you tell them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
whats up mang, glad to hear your ok today. let us know what turns out with the insurance.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I dont believe they'll give a flying F what you tell em. Anyway you look at it they will hike up your premiums.

I'm also wondering what insurance company you have. I called 3 and no one would give me collision. My bike is older, cheaper and has a smaller engine. I hear it was your 1st bike too.

Just say another vehicle, be vague, crossed the double yellow and you went flying.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am alright, just a little bruised up, but nothing seriouse. It definitely could have been a lot worse. I've got USAA as an insurance co. and I called them today and filled the claim. They said that they would get back to me in about 2 days. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

·
Pro Bike Theft Victim
1,088 Posts
Dude, That was your first bike ? Why did you buy a litre bike for the first one ? No offense , but you need to take a msf class . and buy a starter bike

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
scuffedknees said:
Dude, That was your first bike ? Why did you buy a litre bike for the first one ? No offense , but you need to take a msf class . and buy a starter bike
Like I said, this would've happened on an RS50 as well. I know. I was there. It almost bit me in the ass too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It fell off the trailer when you were loading it up. Get all of the grass and dirt out of it. You weren't even on the bike (you didn't hear that from me).

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Doubtful falling off the trailer while loading would cause as much damage....

Tell them you was riding through a curve at 60 mph (in a 60mph rd of course) and you hit a rabbit.

If they buy that story, it'll go under comprehensive insurance instead of collision, thus not raising your rates much, if any.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Not if an animal is involved. When's the last time you saw someone ticketed like that for hitting a deer?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Then again, he'll have to get a police report now anyway for insurance to do anything. just go to the police dept. and explain what happened. Tell 'em you need a report and they'll likely give you one for said reason.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Uh, wouldnt they they bust him for leaving the scene of an accident if he went to the station and reported it after the fact? I would leave the cops out of if at all possible. Nothing good ever comes out of getting them involved.

·
Registered
355 Posts
scuffedknees said:
the size of the bike had nothing to do withit.i was behind him and it almost got me.you can go 90 mph just the same on a 600, 500 etc bike that you can on a litre through a corner.90 is 90 and a sneaky corner is just that.you never know it might have got you too. :bitchslap

1 - 20 of 44 Posts