Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everbody, I am looking to buy a helmet...... I thought before I go to buy a brand new one, that I would check to see if anyone has one for sale??? If you or someone you know can help me out with a helmet I need a SMALL......

Moses let me know what you find out!!!! Thanks I appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Check your e-mail. I got prices on the helmets we talked about on Saturday.

It just so happens Motorsports Factory is having their 20% sale today thru 7/31.

There are 3 CL-14's w/graphics you can get for $119...the AC-11's w/graphics start at $160

·
Registered
102 Posts
sweetnlow said:
Okay everbody, I am looking to buy a helmet...... I thought before I go to buy a brand new one, that I would check to see if anyone has one for sale??? If you or someone you know can help me out with a helmet I need a SMALL......
If you can find a deal on an Shoei RF-900, that was a great helmet. I recently picked up an RF-1000, and I don't like it as much. It's much better at allowing your head to be in any position without any wind pressure, and the screen's wider so you have more peripheral vision, but the wind noise is louder. The RF-900 was the quietest helmet I've ever owned.

Then again, I can't contrast against anything Arai, as my head won't fit in anything Arai (stupid nerd head)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Arai does make different style helmets for different shape :nerd heads. Signets fits differently than th rx7's and quantum's. Great helmets! Just a bit pricey
Also check out Torque Center in New Berlin. They are shuttin' the doors and everything must go.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Moses said:
It just so happens Motorsports Factory is having their 20% sale today thru 7/31.

There are 3 CL-14's w/graphics you can get for $119...the AC-11's w/graphics start at $160
Yep, I got my AC-11 at there last 20% off sale. Mine's a small, so if you wanna try it on sometime Tiff, let me know ...

·
Registered
102 Posts
SilverBlade954 said:
Arai does make different style helmets for different shape :nerd heads. Signets fits differently than th rx7's and quantum's. Great helmets! Just a bit pricey
Yeah. None of them actually fit :( They all cut into my forehead funny. The quantum's a bit less than the other. My head is apparently astoundingly oval shaped.

SilverBlade954 said:
Also check out Torque Center in New Berlin. They are shuttin' the doors and everything must go.
They might have smalls left. They were pretty straped out of larges when I went last week. They had some nice perf'd vanson jackets that were all not the right size for me.

I was pretty bummed. I really liked the Torque Center. That was my local place to buy stuff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LilAngel said:
Yep, I got my AC-11 at there last 20% off sale. Mine's a small, so if you wanna try it on sometime Tiff, let me know ...
I would like to asap a matter of fact, I know I jsut ask way to much don't I!!!!! :)

I am hopefully heading out to Motorsports Factory tomorrow or Wednesday Moses. Thanks everyone for the info!

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
01cbrf4i said:
www.motorhelmets.com has the HJC CL-14's for 112.49 plus shipping. I bought one yesterday and should have it soon.
OK, but what was the S/H? I know that it'll be different for everyone, but give us what you paid just for reference. I'd be will to bet that what you paid after S/H is more than the prices I was able to get. Plus, when it comes down to pennies, it is better to support your local businesses and buy from them.

Tiffany, congrats now you and Dan have no more excuses to not ride out west with us on the weekends :twofinger

·
Banned
145 Posts
sweetnlow said:
I would like to asap a matter of fact, I know I just ask way to much don't I!!!!! :)
You have a PM. Not sure if you got one already or not ... but tonight might not work anymore. SORRY!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts