Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first time posting. I have been looking all over for a bike for a while now. Im looking for something along the lines of a 600cc sportbike, it doesnt matter really but im a Honda guy but would ride about anything. Any tips on where to look? Like a good site or something. Ive been looking around and in the newspaper. And before you tell me i cant handle a 600, im pretty sure ill be alright. I have been riding dirtbikes since i was 7, and ive been riding my brotherinlaws Vulcan 750 a lot. You just gotta respect them.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
cycletrader.com
craiglist.org

local paper, dealerships, etc

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
yea99 said:
Hi this is my first time posting. I have been looking all over for a bike for a while now. Im looking for something along the lines of a 600cc sportbike, it doesnt matter really but im a Honda guy but would ride about anything. Any tips on where to look? Like a good site or something. Ive been looking around and in the newspaper. And before you tell me i cant handle a 600, im pretty sure ill be alright. I have been riding dirtbikes since i was 7, and ive been riding my brotherinlaws Vulcan 750 a lot. You just gotta respect them.
yeah that vulcan 750 is a burner :eek:nfloor .......If you think the vulcan has ANYWHERE near the power of the newer 600 class bikes, you are very mistaken. I wont tell you what to do, because i hate people doing it to me. Just do yourself a favor and take msf, and look into a few other, less powerful bikes. You may find something else you like, and you are 17 i remember what those hormones used to do around girls, and im glad i didnt have a bike then. I would have done some rreally stupid crap. Good luck and happy riding :beer

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would try cycletrader and check out your local dealerships

·
Registered
426 Posts
you'll be ok as long as you don't do anything stupid on the bike. Any bike will bite you if you try acting like a road racer. Take it easy and you'll be fine no matter what bike you start on.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Good luck. Make sure you check insurance before buying. When I was a teenager I had to check before buying because insurance for me in a car was over $2000 a year and that was 15 years ago and was for a V6 firebird which was not considered a sportscar. I can't imagine the cost for a motorcycle, especially a 600SS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts