Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Also might want to list the Bandit 400. While not an really common bike, I still see them pop up every now and then. Inline 4, 400ccs lays down about 60hp, which is on the upper end of the spectrum for a starter bike, but less than an sv650. Naked, so no fairing to worry about, and a bullet proof engine. Good lil bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What would be a better bike to start with a 2005 KAWASAKI ELIMINATOR 125cc or a 2008 ninja 250. I and my wife like the sport style better. I want what’s best to learn on. When my wife gets enough experience I already got an extra 2008 zzr600 but I don’t think she should start with it. Please let me know out of these two what is better…Thanks

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
This thread should be stickied.
Absolutely.

Everyone has their own opinions, and TwoColor isn't going to please everyone, but come on the guy did this on his own with the sole goal of helping people new to our beloved lifestyle. Good job bro. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would add to the CONS list for the 2008 Ninja 250r:

-Approx. 1 inch higher than previous models (Con for short riders)
-No available frame sliders as of yet
-Still so new that not many aftermarket accessories/parts available. As of right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
bump

Very informative and full of information about the bikes people cruising these forums should be looking at. Definitely should be stickied so new readers can soak in everything that's here.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Another bump. Any more info is always useful, too!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
YAY!!! MY VERY FIRST STICKY!!!

Hopefully this helps out anyone in need, and I'm always willing to expand the list, so suggestions are always useful!

You have no idea how cool this is. God, I feel like such a nerd, haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
after researching the sv650s for almost 2 years, i finally settled on it as my first bike and picked it up last friday. i have been pleased with everything, and the bike has more than enough power for me, and still has enough to not to have me wanting to move to another CC class.

so here's a noob's 2 cents: anyone wanting a solid bike with enough power, good gas mileage, low insurance, sharp styling, the SV650s is the way to go. i've got nothing but compliments and no complaints since i picked it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kawasaki Versys = Motorcyclist magazine's 2008 Bike of the Year. Guess word reached them that this is the bike I chose months ago. I always knew I had a Special Purpose, but to have it called the Best by a national magazine.. whew! <It IS beautiful, ain't it?>
I'd post a picture of it, but if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
This one too?
o man that is a nice color.That rear fender is hot. Can you get it in the states? I currently own one but in red. Great starter bike, very forgiving on rider errors and very comfortable. Great gas mileage great handling and just a joy too ride!!! This bike loves the twisties. Handles great at high speeds you just have to tweak the suspension a little bit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i love my lil ninjette i have also been doing 90 many times out and had no problems out of it yet(knock on wood)

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok so i was thinking of the ninja 250 as my first bike. but im a pretty big guy. im 6 foot 2 inches and right at 250 lbs. would this be to small of a bike for me? should i think of looking at sumthing more along the lines of that suzuki 500. i need sumting cheap thats y i liked the ninja so much

41 - 60 of 202 Posts