Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the dealer today and they had on 03 leftover there. sat on it and it wasa very comy. thats what i am in the market for a sport tourer. also was looking at the busa. how are these for 2 up riding? what do you think is a fair price for a 03?

·
Registered
14 Posts
man i had the same question. Thinking of kickin the R1 to the curb (most uncomfortable bike ever) and either getting a 12R or a busa. Just not sure which one to get. i know i am leaning towards the 12R for handling reasons.

·
Banned
32 Posts
I have a 2000 12 R and an 05 R1. It's possible to ride two up on the 12 but a Busa is better if this is your primary concern. forget about passengers on the R1. Also the Busa would be a better choice if you are short and the newer 12 R's (like the 03) put a lot of pressure on your wrists so if you are older the Busa is better here too. Just go over to ZX12.org to see how many 12 riders are installing Helibars which could be an option for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ive been thinking about getting one too, this guy has a 00 wants 7K for its NICE im worried about the power difference from my outdated old 600 to this beast and insurance even though i will most likely get liability

·
Banned
32 Posts
I had a 2001 F4i before I sold it to get the R1. The 12 is a lot more comfortable than a 600. Of course there is considerable power differences between the two but because there is so much more torque available everywhere I think it is easier to ride. The 12 was also my first bike so if you already have experience riding the extra power will be more of a benefit than a problem. You just need to be aware that the bike is capable of delivering serious speed effortlessly and the brakes will quickly become marginal so pay attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts