·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Been to that site a hundred times looking for roads! :twofinger

Attachments

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I would like to catch up for a ride somethime when you guys go for a long one. I live North of Baltimore though. Does anyone from my area ride with you guys I could meet with?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
I would like to catch up for a ride somethime when you guys go for a long one. I live North of Baltimore though. Does anyone from my area ride with you guys I could meet with?
Blade-Runner lives in MD. So does CEHowardrx7. They travel pretty damn far for rides nearly every weekend.

I won't be doing in group rides until the end of the month. :mad: Hopefully the weather will start to cool down.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VVV, I just got done watching a Deal Gap video, and now I'm thinking we should plan a trip down there in the early fall. What do you think?

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
V V V said:
Blade-Runner lives in MD. So does CEHowardrx7. They travel pretty damn far for rides nearly every weekend.

I won't be doing in group rides until the end of the month. :mad: Hopefully the weather will start to cool down.
I check out the DC section from time to time. Do you guys have rules for new guys you ride with or something?

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
Or equivalent, for safety.
I guess we could talk about if there is a ride you guys plan I'm interested in. All I have is Jacket, boots, gloves, and helmet. I'm not sure I'm ready to buy leathers yet. I've been thinking about getting some pants to go with my jacket. As far as riding I can hold my own. No chicken strips and I don't ride like a jerk. I only have about 8K under my belt though. No wrecks either.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
yakky said:
Cause I don't want to ride with someone that doesn't give enough of a shit about himself to not wear some protection. If he/she doesn't care about himself, what are the chances he cares about someone he is riding with?
Just because I don't own them doesn't mean I don't care about myself. If someone bought them for me I would wear them. They do cost a lot of money. I do wear gear if you read my post above.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
VVV, I just got done watching a Deal Gap video, and now I'm thinking we should plan a trip down there in the early fall. What do you think?

YES! :leghump

Leanitorleaveit is down there as we type, the bastard!

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Whoa that is up near where I went to college. I wish I could but I have to take this Oracle Exam and have to study all weekend. I'll join in on this section more from now on though. Maybe I'll get some more gear. I want to do track days so bad but I don't have any gear for that yet. I have JR Nova jacket, A* gloves but not all leather, and my boots aren’t bike boots. The only thing I have is a helmet and bike that would get me on the track. If I got leathers I would want a 2 piece because I don't want to wear the pants all the time on the street. I saw some cheaper technic stuff I like I might get. We'll see.

Thanks for the offer. :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah, I bought a Tecknic 2 piece from www.newenough.com for $340 and then Alpinestar boots for under $200. Don't know how big you are but I have a Joe Rocket 2 pieceTextile suit you can borrow. I'm just a little guy, 5'9 165.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
V V V said:
YES! :leghump

Leanitorleaveit is down there as we type, the bastard!
How dose October sound? More that likely this will be a monday to Fridayish trip. Less cops on the week days.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
You can rent leathers for trackdays from www.teampromption.com or from www.kneedraggers.com/
I was so close to going with the team pro motion people for a day. I couldn't get anyone to go with me. I talked to a lady there. She said that she is at all the events and goes herself. She was very nice. The way I figure the price of all that I should just get a jacket instead. I just need to find some used stuff until I get rich. I will do one soon though.

Actually Blade Runner I sent you a PM last year asking you about info on track days because I saw you were from Maryland and did them. You never got back to me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nevrsumr22 said:
Actually Blade Runner I sent you a PM last year asking you about info on track days because I saw you were from Maryland and did them. You never got back to me.

Sorry dude I don't remember that PM.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
How dose October sound? More that likely this will be a monday to Fridayish trip. Less cops on the week days.
I agree with the week day trip in October. It all depends if I buy a truck by then if I can go or not. Money is tight and I'm looking for a new job on top of that.

If anything, I'll take a trip to the secret location real close to VIR. Just as fun but closer than DG.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts