Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear tire is almost shot. I have 3800 miles on it so far the outsides are still have some tread left but the center the tread is almost gone. I ride mostly in ND and MN were basically there is no such thing as a windy road road. Most of my longer distance rides I do have luggage with and i'm about 240#s so not sure if that has any effect on tire wear. I do keep the air pressure between regular and max load recomendations just because i'm a lil b*****. I don't have much for strips left so I think I want something that is farely good for grip when turning but also was hoping for somethign that will last atleast a full summer. Anyway I was looking through a supplier book at work and saw a Dunlop D205 Sport tire that was rated as a Sport Touring tire and listed as standard equipment on some of the b***** CC sport touring bikes can't remeber which models. Is there any other tires like this or any suggestions. I read somewere about some of the touring tires were they are the softer compound on the sides and harder compound in the center for longer wear life. Thanks for any suggestoins.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I ma in the process of trying out some Michelin Pilot Road tire on the rear. The front is soon to follow. These are a sport touring tire. I weigh 200lbs and I also ride 2-up a lot and the added weight does affect tire life (Dunlop D208 rear was gone in 4000 miles). I have 4104 miles on the rear and it has plenty of tread still left. I should easily get 6000 miles out of it and I have heard of BMW owners getting 10,000 miles out of these tires (and those bikes weigh more than the FZ6).

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I've read great things about the Road Attack. Run it through a search in this forum. They'll be my next tire.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Myself and others on here are running the Metzler MZ6 on our supersports and liter bikes and we are getting around 10,000 miles out of a rear and 2 to 1 on the front.

They stick very well(good enough that falco has no chicken strips on his 1000cc twin) and work very well in the rain.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys thats exactly the information i'm looking for.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
crx81 said:
I've read great things about the Road Attack. Run it through a search in this forum. They'll be my next tire.

Do you mean the Metzler MZ6 Road Tec?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Get the Metzler Z6. II by no means get 10k miles out of them, but for some reason, everyone gets better mileage than me out of tires (no burnouts, few wheelies, I don't get it). But, I'm very pleased with them.

More grip than you'll ever NEED on the street, good mileage, great in the rain, etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help I just ordered a Michelin Pilot Road from the dealership I bought my bike from. Didn't sound like they could get the Metzler. Can't believe this though I asked how much to have the tire put on and he said if you get it from us $10. Even if a pay 20 more for the tire I'm sure it would cost alot more then $10 to have the wheel taken off and it mounted up.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
If you think riding a bike is something you'll do for many years to come,you may want to invest in this.

http://www.tireqwik.com/

In the long/short run,it'll save you lots of money and you can order your tires of the net at a much lower price.

By the way.......how much did you pay for the tires from the dealer?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Avon Azaro ST 45/46 combo. I run them on my FJR. I know they'll wear atleast as well on the FZ6. A fantastic tire.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tire is $180. I work for a snowmobile and ATV dealership and through one of our suppliers and my discount I could have got the tire for $160 but I thought for $10 why even worry about messing with and I'm normally someone that does his own work. It is the dealership I bought the bike from and I told the parts guy that on the phone so that might have something to do with it but my only contact with the dealership was 3 phonecalls and 30mins when I picked up my bike.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Guess next time I will buy it online and havesomeone mount it locally. Oh well live and learn. That and I don't have alot of time to mess around right now with it as were in the middle of harvest. Next time though I definetly will be getting it off the inet.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just in from a friend finishing a 40-state, 9100 mile tour: "Avon Azeros were fantastic... long, long wear and great grip in deluge rains. "

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
You can front and rear road attacks for $200 together shipped on ebay.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts