Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Terrorist!!! AHHhh!
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah has been a while guys still with out a bike, but i have a steady job now and can pay for one but the thing is i have bad credit so don't know if i can go and buy one new i can pay for it but don't know how that goes but i met up with tony the other day he said i could...so if anyone can find me a good deal that would be great...but was stopping by to say hi to everyone and i will be around on here now so yep hit me up.

-Zeb

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yeah financing would help boost your credit rating if you made all of your payments in full AND on time - couldn't hurt :)

·
**My PG13 Avatar**
1,571 Posts
yeah, you should be able to get one now, might just have to put a good bit down, but it wouldn't hurt checking.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Go for it man

·
Banned
420 Posts
Okay, guess I am in the minority here. I'll never finance a bike. Don't want to pay for collision, and if I can't afford it then I don't need it. That said, I have 2 bikes and no car, so I'm usually considered insane and no one listens to me. :)

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
bikology said:
Okay, guess I am in the minority here. I'll never finance a bike. Don't want to pay for collision, and if I can't afford it then I don't need it. That said, I have 2 bikes and no car, so I'm usually considered insane and no one listens to me. :)
Check the ins. thread. Not all finance plans you have to have full coverage on a bike. I know for certain that kawi does not require them on their new bikes.(or atleast that was the case when I bought mine)

·
Banned
420 Posts
sukemecuke said:
Check the ins. thread. Not all finance plans you have to have full coverage on a bike. I know for certain that kawi does not require them on their new bikes.(or atleast that was the case when I bought mine)
So you just have to pay some fairly high interest instead. Like I said, I'd rather wait a few months and pay cash, but I always buy used and so far feel like I have gotten good deals. I don't want to have to sell the bike ASAP if I lose my job either.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
bikology said:
So you just have to pay some fairly high interest instead. Like I said, I'd rather wait a few months and pay cash, but I always buy used and so far feel like I have gotten good deals. I don't want to have to sell the bike ASAP if I lose my job either.
Won't have to pay high interest rates either, not for around 2 years at least. But once the rates go up, just refinance it with your personal bank. Its what I did. And Yamaha doesn't require full coverage either.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
long time no see dood!! get a bike and we'll make a trip to Hooters again!! :beer

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hooters? I'm always down for some good, um, wings...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
BigBadR1 said:
um, wings...
You mean breasts...you know...chicken breasts?!? Umm...what'd I say again?!? :bitchslap :lao

·
Banned
420 Posts
BigBadR1 said:
Won't have to pay high interest rates either, not for around 2 years at least. But once the rates go up, just refinance it with your personal bank. Its what I did. And Yamaha doesn't require full coverage either.
You spend more than 2 years paying off a bike? Like I said, I have never financed one and have no idea what's normal.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
bikology said:
You spend more than 2 years paying off a bike? .

Get this.

Some people spend upwards of 5 or 6 years to finance a car.

And some even take 30 years to buy a house!

:)

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Took me 5 to pay off mine.

Of course it was almost 14k. :D

I would only finance a bike again if I was A) In lust with it B) Have other investments making better ROI.

·
Banned
420 Posts
SalKhan said:
Took me 5 to pay off mine.

Of course it was almost 14k. :D

I would only finance a bike again if I was A) In lust with it B) Have other investments making better ROI.
I could see that taking 5 years. Esp. if you were working in a bike shop then. :)

I won't say I'll never finance because a Lotus would tempt me. I just don't want to have to part with my bike because I couldn't make payments for a few months.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts