Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
:twofinger My gear is right over there on the ground; jacket, gloves in my helmet ( I think), and I was just wearing jeans that day.

If I remember right, that pic was taken for the butt. I can't remember why though... must have been for something to do with SBN. :biggrinag

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
:twofinger My gear is right over there on the ground; jacket, gloves in my helmet ( I think), and I was just wearing jeans that day.

If I remember right, that pic was taken for the butt. I can't remember why though... must have been for something to do with SBN. :biggrinag
LOL well thats what I was looking at!!!! wooo hooo:boink:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got hair almost as long as the blonde in the top pic, this page... can I still post here? Knots can be a pain... if they get too bad, I just get in the shower and use a TON of conditioner and a wide toothed comb.... Not too bad that way.

Hope that info helps someone. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a product called Redo Freshen Up Mist by Jonathan Product. You can spray it lightly through your hair and it will really help with the exhaust fumes. I have very long thick hair, and it really works well for me. You can get it at Sephora.com...good luck!

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Ok, Sportbunnie was nice enough to take pics while I put my hair up tonight when we were out riding.

This is what I described earlier in this thread as a way to keep my hair up inside my helmet and out of the elements.

I usually start by combing it out to remove any tangles. This can be done with the french comb itself.

Then I pull it back as if to put it in a ponytail, but twist it around and up, then loop it over one or two fingers and pull the rest straight down.

Start tucking the tail back into the loop, from top to bottom, twisting the bottom remaining part back up into the loop, until all the hair is part of the twist.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Then take the french comb and drag it lightly across the twist in the direction the hair is going until you get to the point where the hair tucks back in, then slide the comb in making sure you get a good hold on the hair. I find that dragging the comb across the hair gives it a better bite & places the comb more accurately than just sticking the comb in where ever you think is the right place.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
This keeps it all up and out of the way, and doesn't take up very much room in your helmet, b/c it's all been compressed by being in the twist.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Then carefully put on your helmet. This part isn't nearly as tricky as it seems. Just make sure to line the opening of the helmet up with the top part of the twist and it won't pull it down as the helmet goes on.

·
Registered
107 Posts
lol, I've seen you do it before - I was absolutely amazed at how fast you did it, though. It was like you were just putting on another piece of gear - "Ho-hum, twistfoldtuckstick BAM! Done!"

Since then I had been trying to find out what you did - but then I gave up and just stuck it in a low pwnytail or messy bun. Only problem with that is, some days I'll really want to wear my hear down, so tying it up just kinks it all over and looks reeeeeally bad if I pull the hair tie out:( ...which I never do [anymore]...

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I had to teach myself to do that when I first started riding b/c leaving it outside my helmet made the ends break off.

Knowing how to do it really comes in handy when you want an extra nice hair style for going out. :)

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I don't really feel it at all. The only time it ever bothers me is if I'm riding for several hours, sometimes the comb will move a little and the ends might press against my skin. But that's usually a sign I need to stop for a break anyway. :lol

·
Titanium Princess
1,058 Posts
I just braid mine. I haven't figured out how to french braid but i just do a low braid. My hair touches my butt so putting it on my head isn't really an option. Since there's so much of it, it will push my helmet on my chin if there's too much hair in the back of my head.

But I always am looking for new things to try. I may try this once.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts