Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think that sportrider has an article or blurb of the first motorcycle recovered by lowjack. Saw it real quick but didn't read it, I may go back and take a glance at it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are only a few places that LoJack for bikes is available in the USA. They aren't available in NC I know that I done checked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LoJack just introduced their service for motorcycles recently. I assume there are similiar companies with the same type of technology. I was thinking of getting it for my bike and my truck.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
its going to track the sensor to a part on e-bay..

·
Registered
430 Posts
If Lojack for cars is available couldn't they just install that unit on a bike??? or couldn't you just get it installed in a state where it is available and if LoJack for cars if avail in your area then wouldn't it technically still work??? I mean I would think it uses the same tracking system....

·
Registered
3 Posts
naw because the lojack system integrates itself into the electronics of the bike and logs the vin number. Once the system has been installed you can't change it to something else. Remember this isn't a GPS unit that just attaches to the bike somewhere,-it uses an RF signal- you have to have it professionally installed and integrated. ...not that RF or GPS has anything to do with having it pro installed or anything.. lol -Steve

·
Registered
430 Posts
Steve that makes sense.. BUT... couldn;t a LoJack unit for a car be professionally installed on a bike?? Should use the same tracking technology right?? Or what if lets say I live in GA and it's avail in FL... I just go down to FL get it installed on the bike and I would think it uses the same network as the Car lojack does..... If not then oh well... Just a thought... :)

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
LoJack is tracked by a special police car. If you see a cop car that has 4 ant. on it's roof, it is equiped to track lowjack. The difference in time that it takes the signal to get to each of the four ant. directs the officer to the activated lojack becon. (a friend of mine used to install them.) As far as the devices working in a different city, I don't know why the motorcycle ones are not available in all cities that are equipped for tracking lojack, but they might be using a different system to locate motorcycles. I am sure that there are more details on the Lojack website.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts