1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noquicky123Ok, 929 dude I was talking about in this thread :

67.15.4.46/~admin2/forums/showthread.php?t=96904

(Big awesome liter bikes)

is at ben taub right now with his head busted open. He flipped his bike tonight doing about 60-100. No helmet, no gear. The bike is a total loss. We are waiting word to see if he is going to live. He has no medical or bike insurance. I have pics of the bike but I am not going to post them yet. I'll update as things develope.
noquicky123
Dude is going to be ok. I'll post the bike pics after I ask him. He is extremely lucky hes alive. The accident happened on Beltway 8 b/w phillopine and West rd ont he NW side of Houston. Going north bound (Torwards west rd) You can see in the rd where he laid it down. He was maybe 1/8 mile away from phillopine.

He made a U-turn to go back north, opened it up and flipped it. That section of rd is great for wheelies and quickly topping out. A guy on a harley died about 1/2 mile further north from there. He hit the curb, busted his head open and died on the street. I was unfortuantely right there when that happened. If he simply had a helmet on, he would have walked away.
noquicky123Yeah his life is pretty much financally ruined. He owes $5-6,000 on the bike, had no health insurance either. Can you imagine what the hospital bill is going to be? How much is life flight alone?

He was so excited about getting the bike. He just wanted the bike, was going to worry about insurance later. If you cant pay, you cant play IMO.
real local, like a few miles away from the house.........:shrug

·
Registered
522 Posts
live and learn i guess...

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Sucks to be him with a hole in his head, no bike, $6,000 to pay on the lack of a bike, and $100,000+ worth of medical bills. Life's going great for him! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
wish he had a helmet ... glad hes gonna be ok ... not much time to think bc before ya blink ur on the street, p.s. gear saves lives(as well as experience)

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
how sad :( Glad he is going to be alright though!!

But it won't end--some young guy has to impress his buddies or get a bike because his buddy has one--gimme a break!!! Can't people learn to be "their" own selves instead of following a crowd????

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm just tired of hearing about so many people getting hurt and killed this year. In the sportbike scene in phoenix I've heard of 8 people dying since October. One was a friend, two I saw in person. The others were all part of the various groups in the local sportbike scene and all of those were doing things that they shouldn't. Wheelies, street racing, not wearing helmets, etc.

Go easy today so that you can ride tomorrow, people.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
Can't people learn to be "their" own selves instead of following a crowd????
You have an amazing heart, Six, but this is something that will never be...

·
Registered
461 Posts
It's really hard to have sympathy for the stupid. :blowingup

·
Registered
569 Posts
96SNAKE/03RR said:
It's really hard to have sympathy for the stupid. :blowingup
That's kinda what I'm thinking... more often than not I'm pretty sympathetic to anybody who gets injured in one way or another. But this guy was begging for it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Helmets are compulsory over here ... good thing I think.

Glad to hear he's gonna make it ... bummer about the bills though ... we have public hospitals over here too ...

As much as we can preach there's stupid in all of us ... we all pull the odd wheelie or ride a little faster than perhaps we should from time to time. Why else would we ride sportbikes? :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
03silvers said:
why would you not wear a helmet?
+1 My question exactly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts