Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
bugeyed said:
I couldnt help but notice the beanie helmet sitting on the ground next to the wrecked bike. Why do people wear those shitty little things? It's crazy.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Although in this case, I dunno if a good FF would have helped much, judging by how caved-in the rearend of the car is. Helluva impact. I wonderif the bonehead that left the car in the middle of the highway at least had the hazard flashers on?

The highway must have been pretty empty, or there would have been a traffic-jam queueing up behind the stopped car. How did the rider not see and react to a stopped car in the middle of the road?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
bugeyed said:
I couldnt help but notice the beanie helmet sitting on the ground next to the wrecked bike. Why do people wear those shitty little things? It's crazy.
Hey, they're DOT approved right? Has to be okay if the gov't says so.

·
Bring It!
935 Posts
speedtuners said:
damnit, i'm just getting sound no video :(
Me too, WTF!! It's just a sound clip of the news after the fact. Did they change it??

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
F&D said:
How did the rider not see and react to a stopped car in the middle of the road?
I was behind a large truck (Suburban?) once, and couldnt see around it.. All of a sudden he JUMPS over to the left lane, and about 50 feet in front of me at 60 MPH, is a Friggin Fridge!! Right in the middle of the lane.. I barely made it around it, I swear it brushed my boot laces it was so close.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
I was behind a large truck (Suburban?) once, and couldnt see around it.. All of a sudden he JUMPS over to the left lane, and about 50 feet in front of me at 60 MPH, is a Friggin Fridge!! Right in the middle of the lane.. I barely made it around it, I swear it brushed my boot laces it was so close.
Yeah I hear that! I friggin HATE being behind goddamned SUVs. It's bad enough you can't see around or over them, most of them have blacked-out rear windows, so you can't even see through them. Glad you didn't hit that fridge! I don't like not being able to see what happening in front of the vehicle in front of me.

Gotta adjust following distance to accomodate rolling obstructions to your vision.

·
Registered
586 Posts
works for me, and a sad story. remember to wear everything you can folks, and remember it's them you all have to worry about too. (i know, i sound like a nagging parent)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
last year here in Houston a motorcycle cop ran right into the back end of a stalled car sitting in the middle lane of a three-lane freeway. It was at night but it was a well-lit area and he should have seen the car but he just drove into it without breaking.

Killed on impact.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmm, looking to see if the car could be moved. They could of easily moved the car. I don't care if it would slightly damaged the car or not. You do not leave a vehicle in the middle of a highway. Because of some ones stuppidity one person and possibly another one is died.

See also when someones car breaks down on a surface street, they just leave it there. Push the damn thing out of the way.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My guess is that their were NO lights on the car. Looks like it lost a front wheel meaning it couldn't be moved. Once had a problem with my car, battery shorted out so I was dead in the water in the left turn lane of a busy street waiting for a tow truck at 12 noon. Put the hood up, no flashers You would be supprised how manny people were waiting in line behind my car yaking on their cell phone

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow, I can see how a light colored car could be difficult to see, but the only way I can think of him not being able to avoid it is if traffic was thick enough that, here he couldn't change lanes or perhaps there was a larger vehicle blocking his vision somehow. Here 6am is the beginning of rush hour so heavy traffic could have been a problem... That is so sad.

We once had a 18 car pile up on 80 in that fog area. two caars crashed into one another and the fog was so think that no one could see the crash. Other cars just kept crashing into the mess. Sucks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts