Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone has ever transported their bikes in the back of an Avalanch or an EXT; if so did you have any problems leaving the tail gat down the hole time? If anyone has pictures could you please post, thank you!

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
yes BUT.....do not take speed bumps or any bumps too fast. my tacoma prerunner has a bent tailgate and some nice dents from bringing my bike home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
mly 01 ranger had both tailgate cables snap in half, fortunately i wasn't carrying a bike and it happened right as i was driving out of my street, i only had a 150lb desk in the bed so it should have help up nonetheless

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
XxIcEmAnxX said:
yes BUT.....do not take speed bumps or any bumps too fast. my tacoma prerunner has a bent tailgate and some nice dents from bringing my bike home.
Thanks for the info, that is what I'm worried about, planning on taking a long trip to Texas but I guess I should be good as long as I avoid big bumps.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
8ball said:
Thanks for the info, that is what I'm worried about, planning on taking a long trip to Texas but I guess I should be good as long as I avoid big bumps.
How you gonna' do that? I thought everything was b***** in Texas...:twofinger

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've done it plenty of times. I used to have a picture but I can't find it now! I used the Canyon Dancer across the handlebars of my old ZX11 Ninja and it held just fine! Just be sure to check it whenever you stop.

Also, I didn't have a problem, but there has been a GM recall on those tailgate cables, might wanna get that checked out before you load up!

Good luck!

Arron

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
I took my TL from Florida to North Carolina in the back of my Ford Sport Trac! It was straight in, no angle. The tire was definately on the gate. I had front and rear tie downs on it. Wasn't a problem bumps and all. I would think an Avalanch would be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
bbqb4racin said:
I took my TL from Florida to North Carolina in the back of my Ford Sport Trac! It was straight in, no angle. The tire was definately on the gate. I had front and rear tie downs on it. Wasn't a problem bumps and all. I would think an Avalanch would be a piece of cake.
Shouldnt be a problem , but you do have to remember he is driving GM junk .

But one of my friends transports both of his trackbikes at the same time in his escalade without problems .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stang Man said:
I've done it plenty of times. I used to have a picture but I can't find it now! I used the Canyon Dancer across the handlebars of my old ZX11 Ninja and it held just fine! Just be sure to check it whenever you stop.

Also, I didn't have a problem, but there has been a GM recall on those tailgate cables, might wanna get that checked out before you load up!

Good luck!

Arron
freeky929 everyone has jokes :eek:nfloor

I think I should be good with the cables, It's an O5 EXT but I will make sure and ask anyway. Thanks for all the info :cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have on 03 avalanche that I used to transport my bike from Austin to San Antonio 1 hour drive doing 85mph most of the way. Just tie the bike down good and you will have no problems. Side note* I think the avalanche is ugly, but it has been the best truck I have ever owned!!!

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
You have ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry about. I transported my RC51 in the back of my AV without a problem. the hooks for your hard tops make a nice tie down point... here is a quick pick of something else I hauled in my AV.... We broke a wheel bearing so we put our hunting boat AND the trailer in the back of my truck when we left our spot... Love or should I say LOVED my truck... too bad I am now suing GM for all the times I had it in the shop.. enjoy the photo.. should give you a nice laugh.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I brought my V-Rod home from Pittsburgh to New York (about 7 hour drive) in the back of a pickup with the tailgate down. Had I believe 3 sets of straps on it and it literally didn't budge. One set compressing the forks 1/2 way, another from the frame holding it forward, and the third holding the back side to side.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QWIK1 said:
You have ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry about. I transported my RC51 in the back of my AV without a problem. the hooks for your hard tops make a nice tie down point... here is a quick pick of something else I hauled in my AV.... We broke a wheel bearing so we put our hunting boat AND the trailer in the back of my truck when we left our spot... Love or should I say LOVED my truck... too bad I am now suing GM for all the times I had it in the shop.. enjoy the photo.. should give you a nice laugh.
LOL!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts