Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.

I have a set of flush mount blinkers in the front and just got a motodynamic integrated tail light. My question on this is. . .

If i install an LED turn signal relay would that work or would i have to use load resistors just for the front. The motodynamic integrated tail comes all ready to go and has the load resistors built into it already. I did not know if replacing the stock flasher relay for an LED flasher that is tied into the front AND rear (From the wiring diagram that is how it looks) and the rear having the resistors already would cause any sort of problem.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
848 Posts
it shouldn't. they should flash together. if it is still flashing too fast, then you will need to add the resistors. i put LEDs on my 04 750 and they flashed pretty quick, but i left it like that so it was different and it stuck out. anything that brings attention to bikers is a good thing in my book. i could care less about the purists that say you need to have it blink like every bike out there. that's just me.

a buddy of mine put LEDs on his R6 and he had to have this huge wad of resistors soldered in to slow it down. thought it was ridiculous, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i figured it would be easier/cleaner to install the LED flasher then the resistors. The instructions for the tail say that the fronts must be flashing at normal speed before install so that all the functions of the tail light work properly. and mine are currently not. . . lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
you can do the led flasher instead of the load rest. see the led relay is just looking for less of a "load" than the oem relay. and my 2 cents its totally pointless to install leds and then use a load leveling rest. the sys is still getting the large power draw this way. the leds offer long life and low power use. so get both of the beinifits leds offer

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just wanted to share my Find if anyone is looking for a flasher that is a plug and play NO cutting or splicing,And NO load equalizers.

WORK ON MY 07-ZZR600

From Superbrightleds.com
Universal Motorcycle Flasher -LF1-S-FLAT
Cost $8.95 No tax to Calif / Ship was $4.56 Total $13.51
FAST SERVICE....... Order May 23 received it May 26
Attached Images

·
5,547 Posts
Just wanted to share my Find if anyone is looking for a flasher that is a plug and play NO cutting or splicing,And NO load equalizers.

WORK ON MY 07-ZZR600

From Superbrightleds.com
Universal Motorcycle Flasher -LF1-S-FLAT
Cost $8.95 No tax to Calif / Ship was $4.56 Total $13.51
FAST SERVICE....... Order May 23 received it May 26
Attached Images
Please post pics Mike. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've recently installed some LP led flashers and an led integrated tail light. (The front flashers I ordered were on back order come to find out so I'm waiting on those) I didn't have to install ANY load resistors, the only thing I changed was the stock flasher relay.

I used the Custom LED ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay
Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

Made everything plug and play for me.

Some pictures of what it looks like.

Side by side with stock relay flasher.

Integrated Tail light and rear flashers.

Left side flasher (Blue wire is from tail light straight into the hot wire of flasher)

Same for right side but with yellow wire.

Didn't have to add any load resistors and it maintained the flash rate I had before switching to LEDs. Hope this helped.

Hell if I could've paid $10 less for the same thing I would've if I had known at the time, just means I could spend the extra money somewhere else..... for the bike of course.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey ZZRiot, how do you like your MD light? Is there an option for solid blinking turn signals instead of the sequentials? I am looking for a tail light right now and I'm afraid of everything I see on ebay.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The MD light is awesome. Top quality. 100% plug and play set up. Comes set up for the brake alert (flashes 3 times when you hit the brake) and the sequential blinkers. Cant ask for any more.

The only thing i dont like (which has nothing to do with the light) is that i asked to have the license plate light turned off (have undertail) and it never was. . .

I just used some electrical tape and it hides the light strip pretty well.

But overall i am pretty happy.

And about the sequential signal part, im not sure, you would have to contact them and find out. i cant see why they cant turn it off or adjust it.

Thanks
kevin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts