Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a load equilizer so my turn signals on my hotbodies undertail wont blink fast, tried hooking them up and they keep blowing fuses. i hooked one side up to the ground and the other side up to the 12v blinker wire. turn the bike on and boom, blown fuse. the fuse that was in there is marked 10. im kinda scared to bump her up to 20. dont want any fires now

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
What is the diode going to do for him?

Sounds like you have too low of a value resistor wired across the blinker circuit.

What ohm value is the resistor???

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
negative, i think that im just gonna leave em blinking fast. too much of a pain in the ass. anyone wanna but some brand new load equilizers ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
They make resistors just for this, you can buy them on ebay under led lighting for about $.50 each or you can go to your local radio shack and get them. You install them on your hot lead.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
That is what he bought. Load equalizer is just a fancy name for a resistor. He is having problem with the one he bought, that are sold for exactly that very thing.

And you dont just install them on your "hot" lead, they need to be wired in parallel from the positive blinker wire to the ground, just like he did...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts